Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 12-09-2010, 12:48 PM

Default Re: WUP sucks!!

Fwiw my WUP has been expired about a year now. Just DL'd the newest version but still haven't installed. I was looking around a previously mentioned site and I found I can add L3 for $135, and I believe will bring my WUP up to date. Seems as though they've added some Puigtec EQ's to my bundle also that I don't have yet. So I should get those when my WUP is up to date.

Or I can spend the $200 (well $180 if you look hard lol) and to get my WUP back in affect and just get the new plugs. I think I know which way I'll go. However since everything is still working fine I may not do anything. Yet. So while I would like it to be cheaper, I can't say WUP is the worst thing ever.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:30 PM

I don't think just buying the L3 will bring your whole bundle up to date, just that product.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
I don't think just buying the L3 will bring your whole bundle up to date, just that product.
Maybe but from what I read if I "upgrade" my bundle it will give me a free year of WUP. And on the aforementioned site that's what is says it's doing. Going from Platinum to Platinum+L3 Multimaximizer. Maybe, maybe not. Figure I'm gonna at least try and see.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:37 PM

I think I misunderstood. In that case it will probably work. I was thinking of my situation. My Platinum expired earlier this year. Shortly after that I bought the CLA collection, then a few weeks ago I got the upgrade to the full version of Waves Tune. I think in my case I just have a bundle and a couple of plugins, vs. a new bundle.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:20 PM

Just had to shuck out $230 bucks to update my WUP due to my PT 9 upgrade and I got nothing in return other than the privilege to continue using my WAVES plugs. With PTools 9 I gained many great, new features. All of my other plugs, that I paid for, work flawlessly.

Once again, I admit that I love my WAVES plugs, however the WUP is designed to milk us dry of our cash.

I am now aggressively searching to replace WAVES on my six Protools systems.

Sorry Waves. If you are going to charge these ridiculous fees you must provide some type of service. I see many dollars lost in your future.

Fight the stupidity!!!

Chad
iMac 27"
3.4 GHZ 8 Core i7
8 gigs of ram
003 Factory

Chad Evans
Chief Engineer
Gaither Studios
Owner/Operator Big Mix Productions
Old 12-10-2010, 09:44 PM

Same here...........I have Gold, GTR 3 and Tune.....All paid for.......I was going to buy more bundles from them but not anymore...............Even for the small amount they want for the WUP.......Ive already started replacing these plugs with others.....AND discovering that there are many suitable replacements that blow the waves stuff away..........At least I can still use the GTR 3 di.....LOL....Ill take my wup money elsewhere.....by the way Waves...............I`ve talked to many who are doing the same..............you folks are going to have to step it up..
Mac Pro 2.66 Quad
Adam A7
Waves Gold, VSeries
Pultec Bundle
URS, McDSP
Old 12-23-2010, 12:13 AM

One thing everyone should consider.

I actually don't mind paying WUP because I think it holds the value of our Waves Plug-ins. The other option for Waves would be to charge for each version of Waves where the value of our plug-in license falls dramatically if we don't upgrade to the latest and greatest.

The current WUP plan keeps all our Waves plug-ins to the latest and greatest, thus holding the value instead of getting replaced with something new every two years.
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio