Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 01-12-2011, 09:40 AM

Default Hosting VI's outside of PT: Rewire latency !

Hey,
I've been doing forum searches about this but haven't found a clear answer. Maybe someone here can help?

My situation is I'm using PT LE as a Master and Reaper as a Rewire Slave.
I'm recording Midi in Pro Tools and then triggering VI's that are hosted in Reaper.
When switching to a larger buffer setting in the Rewire Master (Pro Tools LE) I can see more latency is being added to the Rewire tracks.

It seems like if you want to go this route, you'd have to leave your session at 128 samples from tracking to mixing stage OR when switching to a higher buffer for mixing, you could add a negative global midi offset to midi tracks in Pro Tools?

I've read about some people using SoundFlower and VE Pro to host VI's outside of Pro Tools.
Does the buffer setting in PT affect the latency of VI's in those setups as well?

just wondering what others do to deal with latency in similar set ups
any suggestions appreciated !
Old 10-20-2011, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Hosting VI's outside of PT: Rewire latency !

Hey how you doing?? Sorry if this is an old thread but you are the only one who I've seen with the same issue I'm having..

I have that same problem with Reaper rewired to protools, it seems that Reaper is adding an extra Latency, in my case any instrument output from reaper is a little behind the CLICK in Protools, how come is this possible? is this normal? Aren't they supposed to be perfectly in sync?
Did you find a workaround to your isssue?

Thanks mate, I would really appreciate your help!