Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2011, 09:56 AM

Default So Im curious.....

Im wondering if the launch day was a success in the eyes of Avid. I certainly hope so. Im so thrilled with the expansion pack. I see so much potential for even more. Alot of people are jumping ship with the Pod and heading this way (so it appears anyway). I dont want to sound greedy at all, but if this was a success for Avid, will there be more to come? More amps, effects, possible IR's? Possibly a new user interface, maybe even a dedicated Orange midi controller ? The expansion pack is just so amazing. I loved my 11 before, but now its incredible. Right down to the new DC amp sims. So Chris, Chimp, IF this was a success financially for the company, is it safe to assume continued efforts in development of the 11r? I sure do hope so. There is alot of deserved hype going around the web over the new expansion. A huge thanks to you guys!
Old 03-24-2011, 10:11 AM

Default Re: So Im curious.....

I would bet that it is a HUGE success and that YES there WILL be future Expansion Pack releases!

I could be wrong, but I would guess that Avid was trying to get as many of the feature requests as they could do for this Expansion Pack release in time for this past NAMM show, so they only had so much time available to include what the could in that timeframe...at least that's my theory anyway!

Hopefully, we will have another killer Expansion Pack coming in the future that will have some more features like the stand alone editor, different amps & FXs and such. I was thrilled to know that they were indeed listening to us with this release, so I would imagine that they have plans for Expansion Pack 2.0

Old 03-24-2011, 10:33 AM

Well thats one of the things that was so cool......they DID listen to you guys (cant really include myself cause Im still a newbie with it lol) I think Avid has a real winner here. If I said this on any other forum than this one, Id be torn apart, but I think this could be a real rival to the Axe Fx. Maybe not as far as effects are concerned, but more so along the lines of amp modeling. So Im hoping that Avid sees the potential, and a growing number of customers and realizes that they are really onto something here. I know amp modeling is not their forte but they just took the 11r to a new level with the expansion pack. Im really happy with it.....if you couldnt tell lol.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:09 AM

hopefully they can release something new on 11-11-11 at 11:11(am) that would be an epic release.

Probably couldn't get a huge update done by then, but maybe 2 or 3 new amps and a Whammy.

It would be a great marketing ploy IMHO.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 03-24-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff5x0 View Post
Im wondering if the launch day was a success in the eyes of Avid. I certainly hope so. Im so thrilled with the expansion pack. I see so much potential for even more. Alot of people are jumping ship with the Pod and heading this way (so it appears anyway). I dont want to sound greedy at all, but if this was a success for Avid, will there be more to come? More amps, effects, possible IR's? Possibly a new user interface, maybe even a dedicated Orange midi controller ?
Well, if it was a success, then would almost be another update. I think that just about everyone here bought it - and I've seen some names of people who haven't been on the boards for sometime have posted saying they bought it.

There were even people b*tching on the Axe FX forum saying how we had to pay for the update but I was there defending the faith. After all we've had some Axe FX lackeys prying ther wares on our site I thought I'd repay the favour. If it were free I think I would've keeled over from shock .

I remember Chris or theChimp mentioning that IR's were a possibility with the latest update but didn't think he would be able to get it done in the specified time, so I'm hoping it was successful just to get that working. There was some talk of delay/reverb trailing so that would be a possibility, as well.

The only other thing for me, would be an intelligent harmonizer. With that I don't think I would ever need another piece of gear - except maybe the 12 Rack But perhaps I shouldn't call it that anymore seeing as the 11 Rack got new amp models - but if the 11 Rack has more than 11 models then what do we call it - oh, I'm melting, I'm melting

I need some sleep.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:59 AM

It is a success for me. All of my sounds feel and sound 100% better now. The speaker break-up was everything I didn't know I wanted. I thought I just wanted the bass rig.... And the surprise Chap (mini w/ an 8" speaker)... I can just about sell my whole amp collection now...

Wow
Old 03-24-2011, 12:35 PM
Avid

I'll just say that some people at Avid waaaay above my pay grade were thrilled by the first day sales. That's largely due to all of you on the DUC spreading the word.

We should start an Eleven Rack Street Team!

:)

Chimpy
P&S Creative Professional
AVID
Old 03-24-2011, 02:14 PM

I just bought it today, since its my first day back from vacation. But I cant wait to get home and install then jam out for the rest of the night.

The svt is calling my name!!!

Glad to hear all the positive reviews of the update so far.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChimp View Post
I'll just say that some people at Avid waaaay above my pay grade were thrilled by the first day sales. That's largely due to all of you on the DUC spreading the word.

We should start an Eleven Rack Street Team!

:)

Chimpy
Thats good to hear. As far as a street team goes 11R seems to be pretty well supported by the users.

Maybe those folks you refer too might make a connection between the 11R's success and the 11R's Dev teams interaction with the 11R community? I suspect that there is some synergy and cause and effect going on there that could be leveraged to the rest of the product line.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 03-24-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrage View Post
The svt is calling my name!!!
The SVT is pretty sweet. I predict you will love it and it fills a huge hole.
I also suspect your going to hear a lot of it on commercial releases. Which begs me to beg for a couple of other Bass amps down the road.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88