Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2008, 06:29 AM

Default Increase - Decrease Increase H/W Buffers

I am running PT 7 on a 3.0 GHz Pentium 4 system w/ 3 GB RAM and using hyper-threading. Everything is fine until I try to bounce to disk. It keeps quitting saying I need to increase the H/W Buffers in Playback Engine..then it bombs saying I have to decrease H/W buffers... I can't get it to bounce !! What's up??? Thanks so much!!
Old 12-21-2008, 08:50 AM

Default Re: Increase - Decrease Increase H/W Buffers

Post a SANDRA Report please: Follow the steps:

Help us help you - what you need to know before posting!

General Troubleshooting - Pro Tools LE on Windows (XP & Vista)

Old 12-21-2008, 09:40 AM

Will do...probably be able to get to it tonight or tomorrow!!! I will post the results as a reply. Thanks so much!!!
Old 12-21-2008, 01:32 PM

I had the same thing with my pt 8 upgrade and traced it to a rogue plugin. sansamp in this case. plugin had to be removed not just bypassed
hope that helps
Doug
Old 12-21-2008, 08:57 PM

Well, I downloaded a few different versions of Sandra to my flash drive because my PT computer is not connected to the internet. None of them would run though ALL of them installed fine. The latest version needed DirectX and .Net and all sorts of stuff I couldn't get on the PC so I went to a 2005 version that didn't need any of it. It still wouldn't run when I clicked on it's icon on the desktop or in the directory. I've been at this since 6:00 (it's now 11:54) and I can't get a SANDRA report. Anyhting else I can do. I did all the XP and system changes but to no avail. Everything is blazingly fast now but I can't bounce to disk? I downloaded and installed the ProTools Troubleshooter but don't know where to start to try to find the problem here. If I increase the H/W buffers it tells me to decrease and vice versa. Is there a basic version of SANDRA that maybe I can get to run on my PT PC? Thanks.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:00 PM

I neglected to say that I did install the SANDRA versions on to my PT PC from the flash drive but they would not run. Click on the app icon and NOTHING! Thanks!
Old 12-21-2008, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6string View Post
I neglected to say that I did install the SANDRA versions on to my PT PC from the flash drive but they would not run. Click on the app icon and NOTHING! Thanks!
Not to state the obvious but, if your computer is having problems running the Sandra report, there is probably something amiss. That same problem could be why your PT is having buffer problems too. Or they may be completely unrelated. The point is that something seem like it is not working on your system. I know this post doesn't help you at all to solve the buffer problem but perhaps it indicates some other problem exist. Good luck. If you can get the Sandra report to work, then we can look to see if something is causing the buffer issues. Usually buffer issues are related to the ability for your audio (second) hard drive to transfer data to/from the system for Protools use.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1
Old 12-21-2008, 11:05 PM

Read the sticky Troubleshooting thread: http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=133039

It includes a link to the Pro Tools Tech Support Folder... download and it'll include a utility like Sandra report. Run it.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 12-22-2008, 03:33 PM

Hey,

I have tried SANDRA LITE 2009 back down to 2005 and they all installed quickly and without incident but when I run them nothing happens. I can run PC Wizard fine. Is there any information from the PT Tech Support Folder that would help? I have all the results from PC Wizard and I can run the Tech Support Utility. Please let me know if any of that can help you help me figure out what's wrong with my setup. Thanks!!!
Old 12-22-2008, 03:42 PM

I re-installed Sandra 2005 Lite and it still won't run but I do see the RpcSandraSrv.exe process running when I pull up the task manager.