Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2008, 12:05 PM

Default Need a favour

I will be doing a 5-part series about a team traveling across Greenland. I have a few "arctic" sounds in my SFX-library, but it's mostly wind... The production sound is quite bad at times, so I have to fill in/dub quite a bit. Anyone know of a good collection, or does anyone want to share or sell some sounds? Help is appreciated.

Best,
Peter
Old 06-01-2008, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Need a favour

If I were you, I'd check out SoundDogs and Sonomic's websites, find the best and most appropriate wind sounds, and then buy that collection. SoundDogs always indicates which library a particular sound is from, and I think Sonomic does it too.

Sound-Effects-Library.com in the UK has also been great, but with the weak dollar, it would not be my first place to shop.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, I'm acquainted with the Kathy Turco, who has dedicated much of her life to recording the sounds of the Arctic in Alaska. Contact me off list if you have trouble getting in touch with her.

Best,

Nathaniel Reichman
www.nathanielreichman.com