Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2013, 08:14 PM

Default Pro Tools HD 10 Not Recording To Track - And No Sound output

I have been bouncing off the walls with this one... What is going on! I have a Mac Pro with OSX 10.8.5 running Pro Tools HD 10.3.7... Using a HD PCIe Core Card with a Digi 192.

The 192 comes up fine under the Playback Engine setup.. HD TDM is there.. good. Under Setup >> I/O, I have a Analog In 1-2 setup with 2 mics... and Analog Out 1-2 setup as output. On the 192 I can see the signal lights blinking as if the signal is running through... Also, in Pro Tools the track fader seems to be going as if the signal was there. But, I cannot hear any audio.. Also, when I hit record on the track it records nothing...

I don't have anything setup for monitoring as of yet... I was trying to run Analog Out 1-2 from the 192 into an old Digi 003 just to be able to use the headphones for testing... But that doesn't work.. The lights on the 003 will clip though as if something was going through there. Still though.. even if the 003 idea will not work for a quick assessment to see if I can hear the track.. Still I should be able to hit record and have something recorded to the track from the mics.. even if I can't hear it, right? HELP! ha.

But I dont know... I am stumped. Any thoughts? Am I just missing something? Is there a trick to this? A chocolate chip cookie for someone that can help!

Thanks!!!
Old 12-11-2013, 08:17 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools HD 10 Not Recording To Track - And No Sound output

Have you been to settings tab in pro tools -> i/o and pressed "Default" on all tabs like in/put/aux etc and restart, if not try that and report back

Best
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-11-2013, 08:30 PM

Yes... I did that.. I hit default on all the tabs. No go. I just set up the mic and snap to get a response. I see the meters moving but nothing. It does not record anything...
Old 12-11-2013, 11:04 PM

Post a screenshot of your mixer window, please
Old 12-11-2013, 11:31 PM

Can you use a 003 and a HD system at the same time on the computer for monitoring as I thought in order to get the 003 to play sound you have to use it as the interface. The 002 can be standalone but not the 003 right?

Best of luck
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-12-2013, 07:57 AM

Well even if the 003 doesn't get any sound out shouldn't the track still record? The recorded track is just blank..

Screenshots attached......

Image 1) Mix Window

Image 2) Mix Window - Input

Image 3) Mix Window - Output

Image 4) Setup >> I/O - Input

Image 5) Setup >> I/O - Output

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mix.jpg (20.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Mix In.jpg (21.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Mix Out.jpg (33.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Setup - Input.jpg (41.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Setup - Output.jpg (48.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-12-2013, 03:53 PM

Does the 192 actually require another piece of hardware before you can record or hear a sound from the mic? I see the meters running but no sound. All I have in the set up is the PCIe HD Core Card connected to the 192. I have a mic connected to a mic pre then into one of the Ins of the 192 through the breakout XLR/DB25 cable.

Do you have to integrate like a Dangerous D-Box or something before you can hear anything? But that still doesn't make sense.. the track should still record even if I can't actually hear the audio... I should see the waves on the track.. Any thoughts?

Thanks!!
Old 12-30-2018, 05:21 PM

Did you ever get that issue sorted as I have a similar problem, get audio out when using built-ib line out but not when I use TDM HD and done all the rested etc like you but nit hd ant luck sorting it doing my nut trying to sort it out
Old 12-30-2018, 07:10 PM

This is a thread from 5 years ago and seems awfully confused about what is going on, and nothing like the problem you are describing... if you create a new thread describing exactly what is happening to you and providing the basic info expected here you will likely get better help. Start by reading “Help Us Help You” up the top of each DUC web page. You don’t hear anything exactly how.. during playback? during monitoring? do you see waveforms in in the tracks playing? Do the meters move? What is the master fader for that output set to? What interfaces are you playing through to what monitors?

You need to write you posts clearer so people can follow what is going on, you can edit posts to clean up typos.