Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Duet & Pro Tools | Quartet
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2015, 02:32 AM

Default Works as a sound card, but no input

My wife and sons gave me the Pro Tools / Duet for Father's Day. I'm not a novice at recording hardware/software - I have Sonar Platinum and an M-Audio Audiophile.

Running Win 8.1 on a Gateway desktop with an i7 processor and 8 Gb RAM.

I've followed installation instructions (I think) and get sound from the Duet, both from WMP and in Sonar. Pace is set up, etc. and the ilok device is plugged in and recognized. However, as an input device the Duet seems completely dead. Nothing I have done makes any light on it light up whatsoever. I'm sure the IO cable is securely plugged in. Obviously I wouldn't be getting sound through my speakers in WMP and Sonar if it wasn't. I've plugged my Stratocaster into one of the input jacks, though my sense form reading the User Guide is that some lights should be showing even if nothing is plugged into an input.

I'm wondering about item 3 in the Installation instructions: Download the latest Pro Tools | Duet installer from: http://www.avid.com/US/duethelp. That page is actually an FAQ, so followed the "Drivers" link and downloaded the Pro Tools | Duet 1.0.10 file that "Includes Pro Tools IO Control, Driver & Firmware." Ran the installer and it seemed to run fine. Is that THE software that I need to make this work? With nothing lit up after installing that, and given that I CAN get sound from the device, does it appear I have a defective unit? Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:24 PM
Avid

Default Re: Works as a sound card, but no input

Hi Polonium101,

This might be too tricky to deal here. But let me create a case for your concern and will forward it to our technical support team.

Best Regards,

YD
Old 06-24-2015, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Hi Polonium101,

This might be too tricky to deal here. But let me create a case for your concern and will forward it to our technical support team.

Best Regards,

YD
I got a call yesterday. It was at a bad time to troubleshoot, but we set up another time today. Thanks - that's great service.

Also, I can now get input through the device. The only thing that doesn't happen is there are no lights (never, not one little thing lighting up) and no ability to control anything from the device - knob, pads, etc. non-functional.
Old 06-24-2015, 06:38 AM
Avid

Hi Polonium101,

Glad to hear that the input issue has been resolved. But I feel bad that you encounter another issue. Let me take note of it and let me update your case for our technical support representative's reference.

Best Regards,

YD