Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 11-20-2019, 02:54 AM

Default Pro Tools Perpetual

Hey!
I bought the Eleven rack from Thomann back in 2011. It came with a full licence for Pro Tools 10. I have been using the PT10 ever since and recorded many albums with it. But I for years I have been ready to move on to a newer PT version. The problem I have:

I can't remember my Avid account from that period. Not the e-mail or password or anything. How do I move on. I would be willing to buy upgrade for a perpetual version of Pro Tools but I really don't want to buy the whole thing again. Just the upgrade.

I still have the Ilok and I have the receit that I truely bought the full version of PT10 etc. What are my options. Don't want to learn Logic and keep on using PT but the updated version so I could also update my computer and so on.
Thanks to everyone that can help out with this problem!
Old 11-20-2019, 08:23 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Perpetual

A few more details will help(and hopefully, on of the moderators will take a look).
#1-was the package purchased new or second-hand?
#2-If second-hand, was a Transfer of Ownership form submitted?
#3-Have you seen any deals for an "upgrade" vs simply buying the current version(just wondering if the old software is so old as to not be a candidate).
#4-is the iLok registered to your account and are you able to log in to the iLok manager?

Then, what's your plan for the future? New Mac or PC? Pretty sure the Eleven Rack will still work. PT10 software might work on a new PC on Windows 10, but new Macs will have Catalina, which will require the very latest version of PT.

I can relate on forgetting login info. I'm so old that I now write stuff down on Post-It sheets and stick them under my desk

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-21-2019, 12:15 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Perpetual

https://www.thomannmusic.com/avid_pr...e_plan_new.htm

That should be the one. Probably a good idea to talk to someone at Thomann just to be sure.