Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: MP41.0081.B07
SMC Version (system): 1.39f5
SMC Version (processor tray): 1.39f5
Serial Number (system): CK9410P8BXE
Serial Number (processor tray): J593701VV4MFE
Hardware UUID: B1CBBA2D-62DC-51D0-9905-260EC5D40B1D

Running Pro Tools 9

Hi I have just installed Pro tools 9 from LE which was unistalled before new install of 9.

I am new to the forums buyt am aware that I should search first for my and cannot find an answer to this weardness.

After installing pro tools 9 All my 3rd party plugins such as Native instruments Komplete 5, Waves Gold 6 and various others are not found. ??? Do I have to go through and reinstall all of these from their DVD's or is there an easier option.

Many Thanks in advance
Old 12-10-2010, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 9 3rd Party Plug ins

Yes, you may need to reinstall them all, but it's probably best to use the downloadable installers from the plug-in makers' websites to ensure that you're running the latest versions. Plug-ins not being up to date is one of the most common causes of problems with PT.

I'm going through that process right now myself. It's a bit of a pain because you have to jump through various re-authorization hoops, which are different for every manufacturer. Thankfully, I was able to install my Win7 upgrade on a new partition without disturbing the XP partition, so I can open my old and new plug-in folders side by side and make sure they get fully reconciled. A few were just drag and drop, and maybe re-authorize on first use if they're non-iLok. Many had to be reinstalled from scratch, though, because they have libraries or extra dlls that need registry pointers or something. It's just one of those things you have to remember to plan for.

I recommend installing one plug-in (or bundle) at a time, and running PT to make sure they're there and working properly before installing the next. Could save a ton of troubleshooting time later.

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB
Old 12-10-2010, 01:32 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 9 3rd Party Plug ins

Thanks for the response. I kind of just resigned myself to the fact that I would have to do that so I have ! Only bloody ball ache is that Native instruments Komplete does not support apparently so I need to buy the upgrade if I want to use some of their instruments. This sucks. Not being a pirate is very expensive. Thanks again for your reply dude.