Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Avid

Default Re: MacOS Sonoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
@everyone, PT is not yet supported on Sonoma. My best guess is 2024.03 could fix it.
Yes thats true but for those that have ventured into the unknown, good to see what they experience so I can report it to the l2 engineers who are keeping a running tally of issues.

Thanks Janne for always being on top of things.... our community and mod squad is the best!

Marianna

[email protected]
cell +1 (813) 493-6800
AOL IM avidmarianna
Twitter Avidmarianna

We're Avid. Learn more at www.avid.com
Old 02-17-2024, 12:59 AM

Another thing I've noticed...the new macOS has this "mic mode" thing (see attached image). Whenever I'm moving clips or doing fades while I have a track record-enabled, the mic mode icon flickers and the audio cuts out from the mic I have coming in.

Example: I'll have an artist recording vocals in the booth, and they will be talking to me as I'm moving/organizing clips or doing fades, and their voice will cut out with every move as this mic mode icon flickers. It's quite annoying and artists feel like something is wrong with the headphones.
Attached Images
File Type: png download.png (2.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-17-2024, 02:05 AM

A few pages back someone mentioned this issue and also the fact that it has something to do with Continuity camera being turned on on the iPhone - try turning it off if you have one and restarting, it has solved the issue for me.
Old 03-04-2024, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicGandhi View Post
A few pages back someone mentioned this issue and also the fact that it has something to do with Continuity camera being turned on on the iPhone - try turning it off if you have one and restarting, it has solved the issue for me.
Absolutely correct and thank you. Turn off all the cute peripherals in Sonoma especially continuity and handoff and it's pretty solid. My opinion and experience only.
Old 03-08-2024, 12:27 PM

Welp guys...

We got a ProTools update today that is supposed to help with Sonoma support...

and now...ProTools crashes on boot when it gets to initializing the Elastic Audio plugin
Old 03-08-2024, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmatthews View Post
Welp guys...

We got a ProTools update today that is supposed to help with Sonoma support...

and now...ProTools crashes on boot when it gets to initializing the Elastic Audio plugin
Update: It wasn't elastic audio, it was Arcade (by Output)

Successfully booting, but now I'm freezing up on "Building Clip List..." when opening a session.
Old 03-08-2024, 02:04 PM

Great you got this sorted out, and to close the circle on the other part of your initial question about the Elastic Audio plugin which is a system plugin in Pro Tools.

It and other system plugins live in /Applications/Pro Tools.app/Contents/PlugIns/System Plug-Ins

It is extremely extremely unlikely that a system plugin causes a problem and as mentioned elsewhere for folks having these plugin startup problems it's often the next plugin loading that causes the problem.
Old 03-08-2024, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Great you got this sorted out, and to close the circle on the other part of your initial question about the Elastic Audio plugin which is a system plugin in Pro Tools.

It and other system plugins live in /Applications/Pro Tools.app/Contents/PlugIns/System Plug-Ins

It is extremely extremely unlikely that a system plugin causes a problem and as mentioned elsewhere for folks having these plugin startup problems it's often the next plugin loading that causes the problem.
After removing the Elastic Audio plugin from the system plug-ins folder, it allowed me to see the actual plug-in causing the failure (Arcade). After removing that, I got back up.

I ended up just making a fresh new session from my default template and everything came up fine. I went back and opened the session that wouldn't up and that worked. I did the work I needed to do. Closed ProTools. Updated/Re-installed Arcade, and I put Elastic Audio plug-in back in place.

So far things seem to be working correctly again. I know system plug-ins shouldn't crash a thing, but with this being Sonoma and this PT update coming out TODAY...I had to consider anything and everything as the source of problems lmao.

I've got over 24hrs worth of sessions scheduled for the next 3-4 days, so I'll be back with updates on bugs that I feel are fixed, bugs that are still present for me, and new bugs...if any (hoping there aren't)!
Old 03-08-2024, 02:26 PM

Did you try trashing the plugins cache file before removing plugins? That's often a cause of issues, and directly a cause of issues with this new release for some folks.
Old 03-08-2024, 02:53 PM

So now that Sonoma is approved, how have you successfully upgraded your system? Fresh install or insitu? A wipe and fresh install is probably best thing and I've done that every year for the past 13 years. But it's sort of getting old starting over every time.

Ventura/Mac Studio