Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2024, 12:32 AM

Default Re: HD Driver not load on Monterey external drive

I’ve deliberately put command with password just if someone wants to stick this to startup while booting. Otherwise password needs to be typed every time :)
Of course don’t do this on shared machine
Old 02-23-2024, 07:22 AM

Default Re: HD Driver not load on Monterey external drive

From what I experienced last year, Apple has prevented the loading of 3rd party kext files when booted from an external drive on Apple Silicon Macs. I could not find away around it, even by changing the security settings or by attempting to manually load the kext file via Terminal command. As the OP said, all works fine booting from the internal drive, but not from an external. Maybe someone else can chime in but from all my searches, it is by design and meant for security. It's frustrating because I've always loaded a new OS on an external for testing and building a new system while still being able to quickly move back to the internal drive to work while doing it.

Last edited by audiobob; 02-23-2024 at 07:39 AM.