Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2023, 03:58 AM

Default Problem re-authorising plugin alliance plugs

Hi,

Don't know if anyone has any suggestions. But i've had to re-install everything on a replacement computer and i'm trying to install all my PA plugs and the online activation isn't working,

getting "activation server did not respond" and trying offline doesn't work either! it doesn't allow me to save the file to disk and then it just stops responding. also tried copy to clipboard and that doesn't work either.

Can't find anyway to contact PA there support page just sends me round in circles.

Tried facebook and they just sent me to the same support page that doesn't work and has no contact for support,

Use to work fine! but now all dead in the water.

All ilok plugs installed and working in minutes

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 07-05-2023, 12:18 PM

Default Re: Problem re-authorising plugin alliance plugs

Are you using the latest Installation Manager ?
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/i...n-manager.html

can you access your account and see your registered products ?

hmm, looking at your profile, I'm not sure Mac OSX Mountain Lion (10.8.x) is even supported is it ?
I think Sierra 10.12.6 is their required minimum.

Last edited by Tweakhead; 07-05-2023 at 12:28 PM.
Old 07-05-2023, 05:10 PM

Some of these plugin manufacturer's sites and authorization processes can be a real pain. I've struggled with UAD and Slate Digital lately when swapping hardware/computers and trying to authorize licenses!

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (2)
TC Electronic Studio Konnekt 48
Avid Artist Mix/Control
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 07-12-2023, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post
Hi,
Don't know if anyone has any suggestions. But i've had to re-install everything on a replacement computer and i'm trying to install all my PA plugs and the online activation isn't working,

getting "activation server did not respond" and trying offline doesn't work either! it doesn't allow me to save the file to disk and then it just stops responding. also tried copy to clipboard and that doesn't work either.

Can't find anyway to contact PA there support page just sends me round in circles.

Tried facebook and they just sent me to the same support page that doesn't work and has no contact for support,

Use to work fine! but now all dead in the water.

All ilok plugs installed and working in minutes

Chris
A bit late to this party because I've been otherwise occupied music-wise. PA support is useless and you're not experiencing anything new. If you can login to your account go to the manage plugins page and scroll to the bottom of the page and you'll see a 'download license file' button to click on. Is this where you're having the problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakhead View Post
Are you using the latest Installation Manager ?
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/i...n-manager.html

can you access your account and see your registered products ?

hmm, looking at your profile, I'm not sure Mac OSX Mountain Lion (10.8.x) is even supported is it ?
I think Sierra 10.12.6 is their required minimum.
The current iteration of Installation Manager IS only good down to OSX 10.12.6. See this page: https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/i...n-manager.html

Things have only gotten worse with Plugin Alliance since Soundwide and now this thing joining with NI and other developers in yet another conglomerate. People are jumping ship from PA because of lack of AAX support on current Mac operating systems. Combine that with lack of timely updates and it's not good.

One more thing: this is a good time to mention that having a backup would help. I use CCC and it's backups include any authorizations on a machine. I make weekly backups/clones and when I test the system clone all my plugins are available regardless of the authorization system.

QAPLA!
Old 07-12-2023, 04:23 AM

Go to your account in PA site, then Manage Devices, and create yourself a machine id file. Activates all of them, no need to click until it hurts.