Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2017, 09:10 AM

Default Re: Does the Monitor Control Room knob on the Artist Control do anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Technically anything is possible but it would require a fair amount of work to achieve. At this point not likely, sorry.
Thus another start n stop directionless forgotten support of the Omni-idea.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:11 AM

Default Re: Does the Monitor Control Room knob on the Artist Control do anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyplayerG View Post
I'm on a Win 10 PC running Nuendo 7.1. Was Studio Monitor Express ever something that worked on a PC platform? Does it even exist anymore? I'm using my Desk as my current audio interface. But if I go full ITB, I need to know how to get my MC Control to SEE my I/O and CR Configuration. I've got all of my Nuendo CR settings set up but, so far, I've got absolutely NOTHING showing up in my set up page that indicates that it is seeing it. Can you tell me how to set my unit up to work with pres, ADDA converter , a monitor controller & powered speakers?
I'm not clear on what you mean by "get my MC Control to SEE my I/O and CR Configuration"

What exactly are you trying to achieve? In Cubase/Nuendo, you can control all aspects of Control Room, (including volume). When assigned to Eucon, it's like having a fully featured hardware monitor controller.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-S-Q View Post
I'm not clear on what you mean by "get my MC Control to SEE my I/O and CR Configuration"

What exactly are you trying to achieve? In Cubase/Nuendo, you can control all aspects of Control Room, (including volume). When assigned to Eucon, it's like having a fully featured hardware monitor controller.
I mean that, when I open the setup page on my MC Control, it's blank! I thought whatever was set up in the CR Settings of the DAW would then show up in the setup page of the controller. Am I wrong about that?

As for what I'm trying to achieve, that's simple! I just want to be able to control the volume of a stereo pair of monitors and a 5.1 set of monitors from my Euphonix MC Control. My audio interface is my DA7 digital mixer via my RME 32 channel RayDat card.

When I turn the CR knob on the MC, the knob on Nuendo (I'm now on 8.0.1 with Eucon 3.6.1) turns but, that's it. There is zero control of the volume. I have to control all of that from my desk, which is now across the room after the remodel. So, as you can imagine, that's a real pain to have to constantly get up and cross the room just to control the volume.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:15 AM
Avid

Your issue is not with EUCON but how you have Nuendo setup. If the knob is turning in Nuendo you need to make sure you have its monitoring section setup the way you want it.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Your issue is not with EUCON but how you have Nuendo setup. If the knob is turning in Nuendo you need to make sure you have its monitoring section setup the way you want it.
I got the knob WORKING!

The bad news is, it will not turn the output all the way down. It doesn't seem to get any lower than -40db.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:36 AM
Avid

Sounds like you are changing the Dim level not volume
Old 10-26-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Sounds like you are changing the Dim level not volume
The Dim light isn't on at all. I'm only moving the big red volume knob on the master output meter. I can get plenty of volume going up to +6! But when I turn it down to infinity, I'm still getting about -40, according to my desk's readout.
Old 10-26-2017, 12:02 PM
Avid

These values come from the DAW so that's where I would look.
Old 10-26-2017, 02:41 PM

Quote:
These values come from the DAW so that's where I would look.
That volume readout is coming from my DA7 desk, not the DAW. The DAW is showing full signal, while the CR volume readout is infinity on the knob & the LEDs are dark.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:07 PM
Avid

Sorry, you were talking about the knob on the MC in the previous post so though you still were.