Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 05-06-2011, 11:41 PM

How much on a PC to run PTLE.... WTF and how much ram??? I run it on a core duo with 2 gig adequately.. why the he'll would you go and build a super PC just to try a DAW.
A plonker is what he is.. How does one send a cyber punch In the face ??
Old 05-07-2011, 05:08 AM

Default Re: External 11 Rack "Review?" (LOL VSA take a peek!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercingetorix View Post

In fact, it wasn't a triple Recto, it was a Road King that VSA did it with...
First thing I noticed hey...what a douche lol.
PT10, Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56, Eleven Rack, i7 950 @3.80GHz, Noctua NH-D14 CPU cooler, GA-X58A-UD3R, Corsair CMD12GX3M6A1600C8 12GB, SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X HD5770 1GB GDDR5 PCIE, Caviar Black 500GB 32MB Cache OS drive, 2x Caviar Black 1TB 64MB Cache Sata3 (Audio and library), Broadcom BCM94322MC wireless network adapter
W7 - 312 dverbs @ 64 buffer/ 403 dverbs @ 1024
Old 05-07-2011, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzza_Boogie View Post
How does one send a cyber punch In the face ??
+1

Cut, print, DOUCHE!

PS - How does one send a cyber bag of flaming dog poop to this guys front doorstep?
Old 05-08-2011, 03:36 PM

Not to mention he can't play to save his life. Oh! thats right, I said it.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:11 AM

LMAO!

Someone definitely drank their haterade huh? Wow...

Here's my favorite quote...

"Please don't think that I don't like the Eleven Rack. I do."

Gee - Now WHY in the hell would we think THAT sir? LOL!

I JUST now saw this thread, checked out the review and then read the comments... LMAO ya'll are killing me man - I don't know what's more hysterical, that review or your comments...!?

First and foremost, I do appreciate ya'll having my back - way too kind.

Secondly, his "review" is a veritable treasure trove of inaccuracies, hypocritical/conflicting statements and just nauseatingly egotistical and arrogant in general. I wouldn't even know where to begin, though most of you guys pointed out the funniest ones which pretty much renders the reviews legitimacy void from the get go. To even defend or dignify his comments about me with a response would just be as they say, like shooting dragons in a barrel of tye-dye so I won't waste my time.

Lastly... Familiar with the phrase "Everyone else can't be wrong and you be right."? I think that really sums all this up the best.

Hate the gear that's your constitutional right - nothing is for everyone but to have to resort to debunking another persons positive review insinuating there's some sort of agenda cloaked in trickery and deception to try and support your negative review doesn't help the readers who might just genuinely be interested in the actual facts which you've successfully denied them of.

You had us at "triple rectifier".
Old 05-09-2011, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaiSatchAtrucci View Post
You had us at "triple rectifier".
I think he had to be rectified more than thrice.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:01 AM

What a douche. so many things to pick apart in this review.

But, IM not going to? Why?

Because I am not going to listen to anything someone tells me who has ZERO idea on how to set up their monitors? Please....one in a corner? Insta FAIL.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:27 AM

Although the review was not correct in many ways, I liked the way he described and experienced it.
Some of his arguments are "ol' geezer it's overwhelming digital" and some of it like; "actually spent more money and time on making the PC run this software effectively than I did on the whole Eleven rack system" are blow out of proportions but do touch a thing I don't often see here at the Avid forum.
You just can't neglect that many musicians are not tech guys with up-to-date computers. The learning curve can be very steep both technical and financial due to hardware upgrade. Off course that is not correct in a objective way but I feel his arguments are recognisable by other musicians who run a simple set-up to play guitar and just want to make music and record it.
It's a phenomenon that's likely to extinct in this digital age but still present.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:26 AM

I think that if your going to review something, you should be in the know. that means, be up on whats what and who makes it and have contacts in the company to address issues with so that all unknowns are clear at press time. If you want to review and have the respect of your readership you best have a clue as to whats going on. This dude simply doesn't. Not even close.

We are all entitled to simple freedoms, like the freedom of speech. even if what we have to say is nonsense. We are free to write it. Just don't expect everyone to agree.

cheers!
Old 05-09-2011, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFord View Post
You just can't neglect that many musicians are not tech guys with up-to-date computers. The learning curve can be very steep both technical and financial due to hardware upgrade. Off course that is not correct in a objective way but I feel his arguments are recognisable by other musicians who run a simple set-up to play guitar and just want to make music and record it.
Agreed... especially because PT is a bitch! I consider myself as an experienced DAW user, but coming from Logic 8 PT8 and also 9 really can drive you crazy at times.