Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8

Old 05-12-2000, 06:58 PM

Default As requested by Tech Support, Pro Control \'wish list\'

1) Please bring the scrub wheel up to date with the latest PT software functionality, for the price of the unit there is no reason why we ProControl users should be an afterthought or 'when we get round to it". It's been too long now already.

2) As there is no provision for spare buttons for future use, why not make the two black buttons by the seldom used track pad, to switch from 'Auto Input monitor" to 'Input Monitor". Or at least make it an option.
Lets face it those buttons are in a PERFECT spot for it!

Left = input
Right = Auto input

3a) an option to switch off 'frames' so we don't get dizzy from usless frames whizing past as they arent really needed much on music sessions.

3b) organise the decemel points on the min.s seconds display for the above to look better than it does now...

4) An advanced use video would be AMAZING! (why not ask Charles Dye to do one?) I do little with the channel matrix or groups and probably only use 1/3rd of the Pro Controls features.

Finaly congradulation to you digi, more and more I see articles on key industy producers setting up studios based around the Pro Control. I appreciate the coverage on the gear I have based MY set up on.

Thank you,

Jules

www.gearslutz.com
Old 05-13-2000, 04:06 PM

Default Re: As requested by Tech Support, Pro Control \'wish list\'

Hey , I agree with Jules!
Does my vote also count?(a joke)
But seriously,here's another idea:
Why not avoid the problem with adjusting plugin paramaters by utilising the handy scrubwheel and those same two black buttons:you could let the user decide in a prefs menu wether he wants to use the current way of adjusting parameters by deciphering the garble in the scribble stripsand turning the undersensitive knobs, or he could scroll through plug in parameters backwards and forwards using those two buttons,and make adjustments with the scrubwheel .The current parameter would be highlighted alone to avoid confusion.You could still use Jules' brilliant idea for using those buttons as monitor mode selectors , and it would only swwitch to "parameter adjustment mode" when a plug in is called to the screen .I hope techsupp.does not miss this because I''m posting it as a reply,could you guy's please let me know ?
Old 05-13-2000, 06:15 PM

Snip Quote:

branco
posted May 13, 2000 04:38 PM

How about a calibrated monitor level fader? More space in the master section (for customizing)?
Branko
www.gearslutz.com
Old 05-15-2000, 05:47 AM

best ideas for a long time...respect to you guys; I hope, that digi tries to work as efficciently on a session as we have to, cause we don´t check our soft- and hardware for problems, we make our money on working with that stuff; so, please take a closer look on these ideas, they are GREAT!!!!!! I for my part, I never even touch one of those parameter change buttons and wheels, I still use the mouse, which I hate! So - please HELP.

Joe The Rasta
Old 05-18-2000, 03:02 AM

Hi Jules,

For example I have the problem that I must
switch between surround mode and stereo mode
(Monitor) many times (Post Production). For
me it would be very helpful if the buttons
would be staffed to swich between the two modes.

I think the best way for our need is to have
a fast-access window for procontrol setups in
which we can configure the two (or more !) switches.

MJR
Old 05-27-2000, 03:22 AM

i agree with the scrub being fixed and also switches for input/auto input.
Old 05-27-2000, 04:11 PM

Aaaaawwwwww, this is already dreaming....I don't know if I should say this : Better (read: serious) metering? Some nice resolution, to allow us to see if it's 18 or 20? More segments? Different scales? Balistics?
Adding a small meter for active plugin ( e.g.signal reduction in compressor)....
Make it relly PRO, not just Control!
Branko
p.s. Jules, thanks for noticing my post, it's a pity you don't work for Digi...
Old 05-27-2000, 08:12 PM

I agree with Jules too... the auto i/p monitor thing would be great to have... and I love the idea of using the scrub wheel as a parameter wheel... About surround mode.. it is a shame that the PC doesn't have a seperate O/P for the aux and talkback section, because every time I switch to surround I have to patch it (damn) on the patchpanel in order to prevent that the talkback suddenly appears on one of my monitors..... It would be great not having to think about re-patching to surround and just pressing one button...
How do you guys get around this 'problem'?

thanks
Barnier
Old 05-28-2000, 03:58 PM

Seems like the ProControl jog wheel is totally useless when it comes to music, that is; it doesn't snap to a grid, or can it??
Old 05-30-2000, 03:42 AM

clarpark
The PC is for mixing right? Well it's nice to jump around quickly, i.e. memory locations.

PLEASE!!!!!

DSP/ EDIT ASSIGN Strips should be able to read the memory locations. It's kinda embarrasing that I paid 10k and I have to remember the numbers for
locations. I'd imagine it'd take one guy an afternoon to write it in. Come on Digi, please do it.

Good idea, perhaps the dsp edit/assign LED displays could double as memory location and pressingbuttons 1 -8 could take you there.....
Jules
www.gearslutz.com