Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 12:36 PM

Default Mess after compacting

Hi there.

AutoSessionBackup saved my butt today. PT6.7.
After compacting regions across several tracks in one go, they were bad out of place. The ones with lots of fades and little tiny shnipes got hit the worst. Some fades where gone, some still there.
The mess was saved before I noticed anything.

Anyone else had probs with `compact selected`?

j
Old 10-06-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Mess after compacting

I'm curious, what are you referring to by 'compact selected' compating regions? Never heard of this before... and on a side note, I can't tell you how many times I've 'revert to saved'. Usually save before I try something I haven't done before, or if I think there is a possible chance I might screw something up (on a larger than 'undo' scale) How do you access auto backups, and were they new to 6.7? I'm still on 6.4....
Adam
Old 10-06-2005, 03:55 PM

Hi.
With compact you can compact selected regions. Say you have just combined a rythm gitar track out of 150 takes, then you select all regions on your comb track and write them to a new audio file. Little like consolidating but you keep your regions and everything. (I´m not good at this today)
It means: the selected audio is written into on file on your disk but not in your session. That way you can get ritt of your 150 takes of rythm gitar and just keep those selected regions plus an adjustable amound on each side for further editing.
I honestly cant tell if the backupsessions came with 6.7. Look into your session folder, there should be an folder named sessionbackups. To access one, you open it.
If there isnt, it soon will, right? PT7 is tomorrow.
I couldnt think of notten for days. And right now I can´t either. So please forgive my bad describtion
J
Old 10-06-2005, 04:53 PM

It's not something I do until I'm archiving a completed session. Never had a problem with it. I believe there are a couple options from within that window......what do you have for those?
Windows 10 Pro 1909
ASUS X-99 II
Intel i7
32GB RAM
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
www.doylemusic.com
Old 10-06-2005, 05:27 PM

Hey Doyle, nice system. Whats your DaveC?

I think tho, there´s only this one option for choosing the overlap, which I always leave at 1 second.
I don´t know. Maybe my RAM is giving the spoon away.
j