Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 02-15-2017, 07:25 PM

Default Eleven Rack w/ overdrive in effects loop?

Probably a super noobish question but I've never used an effects loop.
I have a rhythm, lead, and clean patch. I use a protone dead horse overdrive pedal, an electro harmonix knockout pedal, and an isp decimator. My problem being using them all in front of the eleven rack my clean patch isn't clean at all. It's distorted. So is there a way to run the pedals (or just the dead horse) through the effects loop and have it not run in the clean patch? Any advice is appreciated!
Old 02-15-2017, 08:03 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack w/ overdrive in effects loop?

You usually want to OD pedal up front, not in the effects loop, at least with a real amp.

With it up front you can switch the pedal at the same time you switch the rig, just like you would with a real amp. Tap on that button thingy on top.

But the Effects Loop is an Eleven Rack is not like an effects loop in a real amp, it's not sitting between the preamp and power amp stage... and you can move it anywhere you want in the rig, including in front of the amp, so sure you can try doing that with your OD pedal.

Or you can give up on using eternal OD (and other) pedals and just use the built in pedals in the Eleven Rack. That is where I would start, and spend soem serious time playing with the OD etc. effects there.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:51 PM

I've thought about just ditching the pedal all together. It's just one of those things where you spend a decent amount on it so you wanna use it haha.
I'd go with the switching it on and off but I run my changes automatically in logic. I wanna get where I don't need a pedal board at all so I wanted to see if it was possible. My tone is great the pedal just tightens it up a bit.
Thank you for the reply!!
Old 02-15-2017, 09:12 PM

Did you try lowering to unity the output level of your pedals?
Old 02-22-2017, 03:34 PM

The 11R efx loop is not really ideal for using a drive pedal... at least in my applications... I like most effects in front of the "amp" I use the built in wahs... and the Loop can only go in one of 4 places...
1st in chain
right before amp/cab
right after amp/cab
end of chain.
I want the wah fisrt... then into the drive... then into delay THEN into amp and...bla bla...
So It isn't quite flexible enough for me. ymmv