Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2017, 11:52 AM

Default Why to use Protools?

Protools is one of the most highly regarded audio software out there ... so...we buy it...but then you realise that Protools is heavier and slowier to open (itself and the projects too) than the most of similar audio softwares of the market. And it doesnīt offers more about audio editing, equalization and mastering, than the others. And.....if one day you have the bad luck to break or lose your original ilok key, you will really regret to work with it. They make very difficult to solve the problem, even for a temporary license .....and forget about to finish any important record you have.

Last edited by Walter Junior; 08-04-2017 at 01:23 PM. Reason: * You will not post multiple identical postings (or 'cross post') in the same forum or more than one forum to solicit a respo
Old 08-04-2017, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Why to use Protools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Junior View Post
Protools is one of the most highly regarded audio software out there ... so...we buy it...but then you realise that Protools is heavier and slowier to open (itself and the projects too) than the most of similar audio softwares of the market. And it doesnīt offers more about audio editing, equalization and mastering, than the others. And.....if one day you have the bad luck to break or lose your original ilok key, you will really regret to work with it. They make very difficult to solve the problem, even for a temporary license .....and forget about to finish any important record you have.
the only reason you would NEED to use Pro Tools is if you have to Collaborate with others that use it .. like POST and some Music houses .. they need a fast workflow ..

otherwise .... use whatever you like and that inspires you to create !!!

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 08-04-2017, 02:00 PM

so, before this new world of clould interation, was highlighting itīs technical audio functions that Avid sold Protools for years and years, despite the clould interation that did not exist yet.
But now you are saying that "the only reason you would NEED to use Pro Tools is if you have to Collaborate with others that use it".
Old 08-04-2017, 02:48 PM

Quote:
so, before this new world of clould interation, was highlighting itīs technical audio functions that Avid sold Protools for years and years, despite the clould interation that did not exist yet.
But now you are saying that "the only reason you would NEED to use Pro Tools is if you have to Collaborate with others that use it".
hi Walter .. HAHA .. oh no, not the Collaboration part of Pro Tools .. you misunderstood .. sorry about that .. LOL .. no that is not worth it at this time .. if they made it LAN (local area network) than post houses might use it ... but not until then .. that feature does not seem to be going over well does it !!!

i mean Collaborating with other Pro Tools Users by sharing Sessions .. like Post houses and Working with other Pro Tools users via sessions ...

instead of having to just make stems or Files from the beginning of your session .. like sharing between Logic and PT .. and OMF/AAF just does not work well between different DAW's !!

cheers

john

Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 08-06-2017, 12:45 PM

Hi John1192,
when i used the term clould interation, i meant the online way that is possible collaborating, sharing and make any kind of mutual interation of one audio production.
But, if you go to share or collaborate an audio production, somebody needs to record, edit, mix and master it... ... otherwise there is nothing to share or collaborate to.
And as i said in the begin of this thread, Protools does not do it better than others audio softwares....and it is heavier and slowier to open.
Old 08-06-2017, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Hi John1192,
when i used the term clould interation, i meant the online way that is possible collaborating, sharing and make any kind of mutual interation of one audio production.
But, if you go to share or collaborate an audio production, somebody needs to record, edit, mix and master it... ... otherwise there is nothing to share or collaborate to.
And as i said in the begin of this thread, Protools does not do it better than others audio softwares....and it is heavier and slowier to open.
all good .. i see you deleted the 1st post that i replied to .. and this Cloud Collaboration with PT is pretty New !!

what other Software do you think is the Better way of Working Online ?? i am curious !!

Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 08-06-2017, 01:42 PM

John1192,
i didnīt delete any post of you.
And i didnīt do any mention about better software to work online...again...my thread was about audio production itself....and about Avid Support.