Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 03:03 PM

Default skipping during playback

I've always had this problem since i installed pro tools on my comp, but now it's getting to frustrationg and now and gonna ask for some help to finally fix it completely once and for all.when i finish bounce down a track i like to listen to the track through windows media player or quicktime or even i tunes to check for any problems withing the bouced files.but i cannot do that because when i load a file throough those programs,each program has a problem. first when i play back through wmp it skips like crazy,when i try quicktime there a loud static sound and it also skips, and finally i tunes just skips as much as wmp. i forced to do either two things. transfer it to my usb and listen to the track on my laptop, or open up pro tools and under import audio i find the file and listen to it there. why does this happen. when i stream music through the internet it plays fine,but when i use my programs im screwed. i cannot even play cd's on my pro tools comp i have to open up pro tools and listen to my cd's there otherwise it'll skip with other programs.It's so embarasing when someone want's me to listen to a cd and i have to open up pt and listen to it there,or hook the laptop up to my monitors just to hear 1 track!!!
here's my set-up
pt7.3cs4
amd athlon 64 dual 2.0 ghz
3gb ram
250 gig hd/which i don't use
windows xp media center edition sp2

PLEASE HELP I AM DESPERITE
Old 08-24-2007, 10:16 PM

Default Re: skipping during playback

have you ever changed any settings in WMP,maybe in the past that you have forgotten about?
which version of quicktime do you have installed?
Old 08-25-2007, 10:29 AM

i have i tunes 7.3.2, quicktime 7.2, and wmp version 11. every since i installed pro tools i had the problem. when i uninstalled to upgrade to 7.3 all the programs worked fine, but once i put in 7.3 same thing. there a problem with the drivers you think not compatible with those programs?? and also i used the digi mme helper to add the programs to the soundcard.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:47 AM

i think there is problems running protools with windows media center. i will try and find which qt i am using