Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2017, 07:49 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools First crashes on startup

I'm having the exact same issue. Windows 10, Scarlett 2i4, drivers up to date (including the Pro Tools specific driver that Focusrite recommends, ASIO4ALL installed as well, just in case, and when I load up Pro Tools First it stops responding at the "Welcome - bla bla bla, select your audio engine" prompt. I click okay and it just crashes.

I've tried compatibility mode for both Win 7 and 8 (restarting the machine each time), disabling nearly all of my startup items and even reinstalling Pro Tools to no avail. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:08 PM

I wish I had better news to explain the problem but I don't. I ended up doing a complete uninstall and then reinstalling it after again updating all drivers, etc. then I loaded ASIO4ALL. Initially it did the same thing and was crashing but out of nowhere it ran. Before closing it out I uploaded a few prerecorded tracks then did a system restore save point just in case. Now, for whatever reason it seems to be working ok. Of course now I just need to learn how to use protools and really put it to the rest to make sure. lol

Hope it works out for you!
Old 02-03-2018, 07:07 PM

I'm having the exact same issue. Hitting "N" won't help, as it crashes before it gets to the point of selecting the input. I loaded the asio drivers, but they didn't help. All my audio drivers are the latest according to MSI. My audio interfaces include
* TXSR353 (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)
* Speakers (RealTek High Definition Audio)
* RealTek Digital Output

My input is a Novation Lauchkey 49 Midi controller with the latest USB drivers from Novation.

My system has an MSI 99A motherboard, a 6 core i7-5820k processor, 32G of ram, and a 980Ti video card with 6G ram. It's a beefy system.

Ableton Live works fine. I've now uninstalled Ableton just to make sure it isn't interfering.

I've deleted the user preference directories some people have spoken of and it hasn't helped.

My hunch is it is has something to do with not detecting the audio interface properly, since it crashed immediately after saying that the playback engine will need to be set properly in the next step. Unfortunately it crashes before giving you the opportunity to set the playback engine.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 12-15-2019, 02:32 PM

Was this resolved? Same issue here, and I have been using Protools for years. I also have a perpetual license for Protools, but wanted to install Protools First on our laptops for tracking in different locations. It crashes on startup, all drivers installed, can't get it running.
Old 12-15-2019, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Renno View Post
Was this resolved? Same issue here, and I have been using Protools for years. I also have a perpetual license for Protools, but wanted to install Protools First on our laptops for tracking in different locations. It crashes on startup, all drivers installed, can't get it running.
Have you installed the Ilok license manager on those laptops and sync’d the account from www.ilok.com with your PT First and also as it is a cloudbased authorization you need to be connected to det he internet when doing all this.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————