Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2013, 03:38 AM

Default Downloaded PT11, ilok no longer works.

My 2nd gen ilok won't work with Protools 11.

I insert my ilok, start up Protools and it comes up with a window to activate my my ilok, saying "You don't have any licenses in your account.." ect. However when i log into my ilok account on their website it says i have a license for 10 and 11 that never expire.

Has anyone experienced this?
Old 07-20-2013, 03:53 AM

Default Re: Downloaded PT11, ilok no longer works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thea View Post
My 2nd gen ilok won't work with Protools 11.

I insert my ilok, start up Protools and it comes up with a window to activate my my ilok, saying "You don't have any licenses in your account.." ect. However when i log into my ilok account on their website it says i have a license for 10 and 11 that never expire.

Has anyone experienced this?
Have you downloaded (aka sync'ed) your ilok2 with the licenses that show in your account on ilok.com? You have to do that. And you'll probably also need the new ilok license manager on your computer as well. With that you won't run into the issues that people have had on the past with the ilok.com site being picky about what browser you're using.

QAPLA!
Old 07-20-2013, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Have you downloaded (aka sync'ed) your ilok2 with the licenses that show in your account on ilok.com? You have to do that. And you'll probably also need the new ilok license manager on your computer as well. With that you won't run into the issues that people have had on the past with the ilok.com site being picky about what browser you're using.
I researched how to do sync it. Though there is no sync button to be found anywhere in my account. Is the information i was just reading out of date?
Old 07-20-2013, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
And you'll probably also need the new ilok license manager on your computer as well.
You need to start here, download and install the license manager. Then sync. You cannot do that from the ilok account anymore.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thea View Post
I researched how to do sync it. Though there is no sync button to be found anywhere in my account. Is the information i was just reading out of date?
The sync button isn't in your account as such but part of either ilok.com or the ilok license manager software. One just needs to slowly read through what's on ilok.com and the license manager software and follow the instruction explicitly. That and between posts here on the DUC and at Pro Tools Expert site you should find all you need to get along with your ilok no problems.

QAPLA!