Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2013, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Control 24 HD11 Status went from Untested to Will Not Work

Hi,

No driver with 11 and no controllers folder so don't think about trying to copy the bundle from 10.

defo doesn't work scans and see's the control 24 but thats it im affraid.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:26 AM

Default Re: Control 24/C24 and Pro Tools 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackc7 View Post
I don't understand why the Control/24 wouldn't work? It's just a controller! Avid wants users to spend more money. Why isn't Pro Control supported; look at how much it costed! I always wanted the Control/24
After all these actions, you still don't understand that Avid genuinely does not give poop about your investment? Fan Boys feel free to chime in and tell users how lucky they are to throw away there perfectly working hardware! And that they do not have time to make it supported because it is so old! Time for a new controller purchase from (you guessed it) Avid!! Where is your checkbook!?

------------------------------------------------------
¨WHERE΄S MY CHECKBOOK?¨
https://soundcloud.com/louieshowers
Old 06-21-2013, 11:40 AM
Avid

Post Re: Control|24 with Pro Tools 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by louieshowers View Post
...Avid genuinely does not give poop about your investment... they do not have time to make it supported because it is so old...
Please see the previous posts in this thread...

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p=2040785

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p=2042152
Old 06-22-2013, 11:57 AM

Default Re: Control|24 with Pro Tools 11?

I hope somebody comes out with a way to make the control 24 work.
Avid is to stupid to realize they could sell an upgrade driver or something and all of us control 24/pro control owners would buy it. But once again they have given professionals the shaft. They have not even given us a real answer to why it will not work. Whats the real truth?
Old 06-22-2013, 03:38 PM

Well that's a shame. I have the money to do an HD TDM to HDX upgrade, but not enough to upgrade to a new control surface as well(Nor do I see a reason to, since its nothing but knobs and faders). Makes no sense that they do not support the C24 anymore, its all software there is no physical reason they can not create a driver.

In my case its a loss of money for Avid. Since I cant use my C24 if I upgrade then it looks like I will just stick to HD TDM 10 and spend the money I do have on more outboard gear. O well
Big Ben
Control 24
Old 06-22-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stukface View Post
Well that's a shame. I have the money to do an HD TDM to HDX upgrade, but not enough to upgrade to a new control surface as well(Nor do I see a reason to, since its nothing but knobs and faders). Makes no sense that they do not support the C24 anymore, its all software there is no physical reason they can not create a driver.

In my case its a loss of money for Avid. Since I cant use my C24 if I upgrade then it looks like I will just stick to HD TDM 10 and spend the money I do have on more outboard gear. O well
Just so you know, The "C24" is still supported bit not the "Control 24" so no one thinks that C24 won't work

The fact that Control 24 is EOL:d is sad and will be an expensive change for lots of studio owners and homestudio owners alike

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 06-22-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stukface View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Just so you know, The "C24" is still supported bit not the "Control 24" so no one thinks that C24 won't work

The fact that Control 24 is EOL:d is sad and will be an expensive change for lots of studio owners and homestudio owners alike

Sorry I should have put Control 24. I have the original.

Just finished reading most of the posts in this thread. I agree with what Avid has to say about not being able to keep all legacy products working with the latest and greatest Software. So that is why I don't have any issues with spending the money to replace the cards and I/Os, but the controller just doesn't make any sense to me at all. Its not like there are a ton of legacy controllers out there that they would have to write drivers for. Now give it another 5 years when all the current control surfaces are listed as legacy, and I could see them saying it wouldn't be cost effective to keep all 5-10 legacy controllers working, but currently in the more expensive controller market avid only has two Procontrol and the Control 24.

I believe Avid already offers great customer service by allowing us to upgrade, but if I worked there it would only make sense to me to keep supporting those item. The more people that continue to upgrade to HDx 11, the more chances they will end up buying a new controller from Avid down the road anyways. The way it is now not supporting two legacy controllers is going to keep the lower budget/home studios that don't have the budget to upgrade the whole thing, from even spending 7k-10k on the cards and I/O upgrades. Not that there are a whole lot of other options out there that I would want to move too but, it does also keep me and possibly others from investing in the HDx 11 upgrade. Which would allow me to move to a whole new solution if another company was to create one that looked promising in the next few years. To me it makes more sense to keep customers locked/engaged in any way they could, But what do I know im just a sound guy. :)

Last edited by Stukface; 06-22-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stukface View Post
sorry i should have put control 24. I have the original.

just finished reading most of the posts in this thread. I agree with what avid has to say about not being able to keep all legacy products working with the latest and greatest software. So that is why i don't have any issues with spending the money to replace the cards and i/os, but the controller just doesn't make any sense to me at all. Its not like there are a ton of legacy controllers out there that they would have to write drivers for. Now give it another 5 years when all the current control surfaces are listed as legacy, and i could see them saying it wouldn't be cost effective to keep all 5-10 legacy controllers working, but currently in the more expensive controller market avid only has two procontrol and the control 24.

I believe avid already offers great customer service by allowing us to upgrade, but if i worked there it would only make sense to me to keep supporting those item. The more people that continue to upgrade to hdx 11, the more chances they will end up buying a new controller from avid down the road anyways. The way it is now not supporting two legacy controllers is going to keep the lower budget/home studios that don't have the budget to upgrade the whole thing, from even spending 7k-10k on the cards and i/o upgrades. Not that there are a whole lot of other options out there that i would want to move too but, it does also keep me and possibly others from investing in the hdx 11 upgrade. Which would allow me to move to a whole new solution if another company was to create one that looked promising in the next few years. To me it makes more sense to keep customers locked/engaged in any way they could, but what do i know im just a sound guy. :)
+11

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 06-22-2013, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
There are trade-in offers available to Control|24 owners that want to move to newer console or version of Pro Tools.
What trade-in offers are available to Control|24 owners that want to move to a newer version of Pro Tools?

Thank you.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milamber View Post
What trade-in offers are available to Control|24 owners that want to move to a newer version of Pro Tools
Trade in your old and still working Control 24 and $6000 for a new C24