Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 12-06-2006, 03:57 AM

Default Re: 7.3 -- It\'s here! ;)

Just called Digi and its broke on their side too!
Try again later.... Grr how to dangle a carrot!!
Old 12-06-2006, 04:18 AM

two plug ins we were already given (weren't we?), something to make dots for for classical composers and about three not amazingly useful right click options. am i missing something? is there a third demonstrational video with a load of cool functions on it?

isn't it about time we got pdc? i couldn't give a hoot about 48 tracks. when i mix, i want to be able to:

select a plug in and use it

not:

select a plug in, turn it on, attempt to move all the regions on that track backwards, realise it's still out of synch, move it all again, still out of synch, accidentally re-order all the regions onto a different track, slam my fist into the keyboard and scream at the computer scree until my face turns purple and veiny.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:25 AM

Upgrade purchased, downloaded, installed, and running fine as of 7:27am EST on 12/06
Old 12-06-2006, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Upgrade purchased, downloaded, installed, and running fine as of 7:27am EST on 12/06
Here at my friends studio we just did the same. Auto Tune 4, Altiverb 5 and all McDSP plugins stopped pro tools from starting up. After removing the plugins, works fine.

Has anyone acknowledged this?
Old 12-06-2006, 05:43 AM

Who is the guy in the video?

The PT Accelerated Videos are extremely entertaining. I particularly like the Fast-Show-esque use of the word "nice" after he demonstrates a feature (can't we make our own minds up? oh, no we can't, it's an advertorial).

My favourite though is when he says "arrsome" to mean something like the English word "awesome". He sounds a bit Liverpudlian, although I've never heard a scouser pronounce it like that. I like it, and I'm going to use it.

Arrsome. Nice.

Oh and do check the Velvet video where he's very polite to the boss.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:45 AM

If you're waiting for PDC/ADC in LE or MPowered, I fear you are waiting in vain; especially with this release. In my personal opinion, not having it does not cripple the application, and the 6 seconds it takes to nudge a track(s) to compensate doesn't bother me at all. I know some(many?) disagree, but if not having ADC is screwing up your workflow so badly, there are other options, and they all work great.

The other new features increase my workflow exponentially, though. Being able to right click to rename a bus instead of diggingfor the I/O Setup? Man, that takes hours off of every working day for me.

The Sibelius connection; who didn't see this coming? I would bet this is just the first step in integrating sibelius as the PT score editor. For those of us who actually, oh, I don't know, write music with Pro Tools, this is a VERY welcome feature, and the future is looking bright.

The default click track is a timesaver, but I wish we were allowed to assign our own click instrument/plugin (I use TLMetro).

Right click hide/inactivate/activate also is a real time saver.

Not to mention all the new video features.

Automatic fades when importing ACID/REX files?? Should have been included with the original, IMHO, and is one of the most welcomed "new" features.

The new RTAS engine options; the jury is still out on that one. Use with caution.

Direct HFS+ drive support is another very welcome feature.

Dynamic transport and loop trim make it so much easier to work with loops.

Conitinuously variable track heights? We should have had those long ago, but I'm really glad we have it now.

Many, many, many other nice new additions.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 12-06-2006, 05:56 AM

Quote:
The PT Accelerated Videos are extremely entertaining. I particularly like the Fast-Show-esque use of the word "nice" after he demonstrates a feature
It's the Fastshow Style 'Very Powerfull' at the end of each feature that really cracks me up

I am glad I am not the only one that noticed it

N
Old 12-06-2006, 06:38 AM

"Love Time Shift!", "Luvvit!". This is clearly an order, and I, for one, will obey.

However, while I'm loving it, I might still think that that vocal in the video still sounds like it's been stretched.

I agree that it's a good upgrade, particularly because the CPU/RAM spec hasn't changed. Any other Logic users out there bemused by the battle between the two programs to simply become each other?
Old 12-06-2006, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Here at my friends studio we just did the same. Auto Tune 4, Altiverb 5 and all McDSP plugins stopped pro tools from starting up. After removing the plugins, works fine.

Has anyone acknowledged this?
I have several McDSP plugins, and Auto Tune 5, and my PT loaded with no troubles
Old 12-06-2006, 07:56 AM

Mine hangs as well, won't install. I'm going to try updating my PACE drivers, no time right now though.

ScottedogStudios on ReverbNation