Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2019, 11:36 AM

Default Compact selected not working for me!!

I've never been able to get this feature to work! It seems like a great idea and I've always wished it would work.
For example, I have a 3g file. I'm using about 30mb of the file in clips. I select the clips on the track that I'm using. I select compact. It does nothing. The original 3g file is still there, unaltered. The clips still exist as clips, not new audio files on the hard drive. What am I doing wrong?
I've tried selecting unused and deleting. I've tried additionally selecting the source audio file in the clips bin.
But really, as I understand, simply selecting the clips I'm using, it should make audio files for the clips in use, and then delete the original audio file. It doesn't do this for me. I've tried various times in various sessions over the years.