How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > System 5
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2016, 09:47 AM

Default S5MC: Inserting "PAUSE" in command string overwrites button label

S5MC, running Eucon 3.8.0

I have a series of macros written for my softkeys to control my monitor switcher. Since the Mac takes a second to respond to the long series of keypresses in the macro, I have inserted a series of MC "PAUSE" actions in the macro string.

I push the "setup" key for the Soft Keys bank and I'm presented with the three tabs to set up the button. I hit "commands" and I see that I've got three actions associated with the button:

[KEY] - [MC INT] - [KEY]

The first KEY triggers the macro program on the Mac (Red Sweater software's FastScripts. The MC INT is a 500 millisecond PAUSE to let the app catch up on the Mac. The second KEY is the actual "command payload" to the switcher.

Once I've got the macro setup, I go ahead and label it, e.g. "MAIN MAC 1" or something that corresponds to the screen display associated with the button.

Suppose I now want to go back in and confirm that the command string is correct.

I select the first "KEY" button in the top left of the COMMANDS window, and everything looks fine. I hit the second "KEY" button in the top left, and everything looks fine.

BUT when I hit the "MC INT" button to check the timing of the PAUSE command, the MC overwrites my button label. Instead of what I've entered -- "MAIN MAC 1," just the act of checking the "MC INT" setting causes the label of the button to be overwritten as "PAUSE." I have to go back into the LABEL screen and rewrite the label for each of my buttons just for having checked their settings.

This is, quite frankly, a pain in the ass and I'm pretty certain this has only recently started. Anyone else seeing this issue?

Thx,
Matt
Old 10-20-2016, 05:15 PM

Default Re: S5MC: Inserting "PAUSE" in command string overwrites button label

This label bug has been there since a looooong time . I learned to live with it and rename my softkeys after editing them.
http://immersivesoundvr.com/