Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 08-24-2019, 03:24 PM

Default Multiple Outputs Issue, Please Help

Hi guys,

I'm running two separate outputs in PT and am having an issue where anytime I turn the fader volume down on the one output (namely the KRKs), it turns the volume down on the other output (the QSCs). So if I turn the KRK output fader all the way down, I get no volume from the QSC output.

To be more clear, here are the outputs I have going in the session:

1) One to a pair of KRK studio monitors, going from my MOTU 828 MKIII into the KRK's
2) The second to a pair of QSC PA speakers, out from my MOTU 8Pre USB preamp unit into the QSC's.

The 828 and the 8Pre are setup and connected together and work fine.

I'm wondering if this is a bussing issue? If so, how to fix so that I can turn the fader on either up and down and it won't affect the other output volume?

I've attached a pic. The 3 channels in red (KRK / QSC / PHONES, accordingly) are the outputs.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8239.jpg (97.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-24-2019, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Multiple Outputs Issue, Please Help

Make the Bus 3-4 you are using to send to the QSC a prefader send (open up that send and click the "pre" button.) Or better yet, unless there is a good reason you are using a send, just change the input bus on the QSC to Bus 1-2 and don't use a send at all.
Old 08-26-2019, 01:38 PM

Default Re: Multiple Outputs Issue, Please Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Make the Bus 3-4 you are using to send to the QSC a prefader send (open up that send and click the "pre" button.) Or better yet, unless there is a good reason you are using a send, just change the input bus on the QSC to Bus 1-2 and don't use a send at all.
Thank you I'm going to give this a try tonight and let you know if it worked. I really appreciate the reply!