How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2010, 04:33 AM

Default Write Automation to All Enabled Parameters in PT9 with mBox,

Hello,

Do You know if the shortcut to Write Automation to All Enabled Parameters (Command+Option+Forward Slash) is included in PT9 with MBox? It wasn't available in PT LE, only HD.

Thanks,

Kirka
Old 11-16-2010, 05:02 AM

Default Re: Write Automation to All Enabled Parameters in PT9 with mBox,

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirka.sainio View Post
Hello,

Do You know if the shortcut to Write Automation to All Enabled Parameters (Command+Option+Forward Slash) is included in PT9 with MBox? It wasn't available in PT LE, only HD.

Thanks,

Kirka
If you have the complete production tool kit!!

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post
If you have the complete production tool kit!!

Chris
OK. CPTK is too expensive for just that function. I know that I can allways record automation on the fly, but do You know any better/faster workaroud for that shortcut.

Kirka
Old 11-16-2010, 09:19 AM

Write to all enabled worked on my PTLE 8 with DV Toolkit.

LEX
Old 11-16-2010, 11:52 AM

OK, it seems that Avid has made it a pro users only feature.

But do you know any other way I could tweak my automation parameters and then write it to a selected area?

Thanks,

Kirka
Old 02-23-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirka.sainio View Post
OK, it seems that Avid has made it a pro users only feature.

But do you know any other way I could tweak my automation parameters and then write it to a selected area?

Thanks,

Kirka
You posted this question a few months back so you've probably already found a workaround, but you can always just use write mode. Make sure under Setup/Preferences/Mixing you have "After write pass, switch to" switched to off, then make a selection on the track you wish to automate. Now, make sure you only have "plug-in" highlighted in the automation window (Window/Automation or Apple+Numeric 4) and hit play with the track in write mode.

This will allow you to dial in your plugin parameters during loop playback (you have to make sure they are automation enabled in the plugin, of course) and once you get them set right you can let Pro Tools go through one more complete pass without touching any knobs. You'll basically have just done the same thing as "write to current enabled", it just takes longer and is dangerous if you forget you don't have "after write pass, switch to" not set to latch or touch.

Hope that makes sense!
Old 01-11-2013, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by druck View Post
You posted this question a few months back so you've probably already found a workaround, but you can always just use write mode. Make sure under Setup/Preferences/Mixing you have "After write pass, switch to" switched to off, then make a selection on the track you wish to automate. Now, make sure you only have "plug-in" highlighted in the automation window (Window/Automation or Apple+Numeric 4) and hit play with the track in write mode.

This will allow you to dial in your plugin parameters during loop playback (you have to make sure they are automation enabled in the plugin, of course) and once you get them set right you can let Pro Tools go through one more complete pass without touching any knobs. You'll basically have just done the same thing as "write to current enabled", it just takes longer and is dangerous if you forget you don't have "after write pass, switch to" not set to latch or touch.

Hope that makes sense!

Hey Druck!

Thanks a lot! This is exactly what is looking for! A very big help for me and my workflow.
Cheers!