Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 09-17-2010, 05:07 PM

Angry Frame Rate Conversion for video file in Pro Tools

How do I change the frame rate of a video file so I can import it in my session? I'm doing my 1st post project and I need to import a second video file with the frame rate of 29.97. I checked my Pro Tools session and it says its running at 30 fps (that's confusing). I checked the video file from the session that was given to me (via the project window) and it says 23.976 for its frame rate. Whenever I try to import the 2nd video file, the error message says that it cant import because the frame rate of the file (I'm attempting to import is 29.97)

I'm so confused. Is there an easy way to convert the 2nd video file (29.97 frame rate) so it can be imported into my session? Can a program like VLC do it and if so, how?

Also, I have the complete production toolkit and I'm running on a OSX (if that helps)
Old 09-17-2010, 05:40 PM

Default Re: Frame Rate Conversion for video file in Pro Tools

you need to completely remove the first 23.976 file from the session not just the playlist, then the 29.97 file will import

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 09-17-2010, 06:41 PM

Can also use either Quicktime Pro or the free Mpeg Streamclip and export to Quicktime movie. Setting the frame rate to 23.976(23.98) as it is the same second to second as 29.97.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kptkarl View Post
Can also use either Quicktime Pro or the free Mpeg Streamclip and export to Quicktime movie. Setting the frame rate to 23.976(23.98) as it is the same second to second as 29.97.
You can do this But I have had no luck with it actually down converting properly. in the end it ended up out of sync. I don't know why or how but it did. tested again with other and other video conversion tools and same thing. I ended up giving the file to the vid department to down convert it in avid properly for me. or through a HD SR Deck

kd
Old 01-19-2013, 03:57 PM

Hello! I've joined this web page because I just needed the same, but I think I've found it! You can change the frame rate if you go to (I'm sorry, I've got it in spanish and I don't know if the following names are correct!):
1. Configuration
2. Session configuration
3. You'll find the Feet+Frames speed at the right and you can change it. I'm just trying it out now, but i wanted you to know it!

The problem is that this little change will probably change the OMF config, so maybe you'll have to import it again... I'll try now and, if it doesn't work for you, make me know!

Johan
Old 01-20-2016, 04:05 AM

Avdshare Video Converter will take change MP4 file frame rate as an example and it can also serve to change AVCHD, MTS, M2TS, MXF, XAVC, ProRes, MPG, AVI, FLV, MOV, WMV, MKV and almost all video format frame rates