Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 05-31-2019, 07:49 AM

Default Can I get Feedback on mix please.

I Refoleyed this to show what I can do. I would appreciate feedback please. Weaknesses, strengths,
Please and Thank you.

https://youtu.be/bq9hvAQG7pU
Old 06-05-2019, 12:43 AM

Default Re: Can I get Feedback on mix please.

Sounds pretty good! Here are some things I observed:

Sounds mono - for today's standards should probably be at least stereo.

I didn't hear any footsteps or clothing movement or the sound of him putting the headphones on. There were a couple of knocking sounds - was that supposed to be the footsteps? Maybe I hear a little clothing movement, but I expected more when he goes to sit down.

The SOS sounds pretty cool, though not what I'd expect of a traditional SOS. Is that what they sound like nowadays?

The transition from the ambient room to the headphone sound should probably be a little more gradual - like it would if you actually put them on.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth!

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 06-05-2019, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwsand View Post

I didn't hear any footsteps or clothing movement or the sound of him putting the headphones on. There were a couple of knocking sounds - was that supposed to be the footsteps? Maybe I hear a little clothing movement, but I expected more when he goes to sit down.

The SOS sounds pretty cool, though not what I'd expect of a traditional SOS. Is that what they sound like nowadays?

The transition from the ambient room to the headphone sound should probably be a little more gradual - like it would if you actually put them on.

thank you! thank you so much! This really really helps. I folioed some footsteps that I put in while he was walking, but apparently they came off like knocking at the door. I also folioed the chair shifting and sliding. Didn't do the cloths, thanks for suggesting it. I also mixed in the headphones going on over the ears...

Again, thank you so much for your input. It is greatly appreciated.
Old 06-06-2019, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwsand View Post

So this is what came of a thread here that I participated in where the OP asked about the Morse code bit and other things. The sound of the SOS is not the normal sound one would get; also using the mic PTT (push to talk or as seasoned hams refer to it 'release to listen') to key Morse code is doable but not the preferred way. The preferred way is via a dedicated key or bug. Here's a YouTube video of a QSO - it illustrated what Morse code normally sounds like. I love how relaxed the op is and yes a good Morse operator can do that - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8Ed0TSp0gs

de N2MPU

QAPLA!