Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 09:39 AM

Default and I thought about getting a Blue Mic

What's up with mic companies man?

http://www.violetusa.com
http://www.violetusa.com

http://www.violetusa.com/Default.aspx?tabid=260 customer gets bent over.

Quote:

Blue counterfeited replicas

We have received multiple calls and emails reporting that Blue has started retail sales of Juris Zarins “Scruples Ltd.” patented microphone design replicas.

We understand your concerns of low quality of these replicas.

Unfortunately “Scruples Ltd.” will not be servicing these items.

Only JZ Signature Line and Violet Design Microphones have 5 years manufacturing warranty. These microphones will be serviced at Scruples Ltd. factory located in Latvia.

Download free music at
http://www.nukmusic.com
nEVER uNDERESTIMATE kNOWLEDGE
Old 07-28-2005, 09:44 AM

Default Re: and I thought about getting a Blue Mic

....Got me a whole bunch of BLUE mics from BLUE, not the imitators.

I LOVE these things. But, beware, there are MANY imitators and ripoffs out there touting someone else's name.
www.readyacoustics.com
Old 07-28-2005, 10:09 AM

amazing!
Old 07-28-2005, 01:00 PM

Quote:
....Got me a whole bunch of BLUE mics from BLUE, not the imitators.

I LOVE these things. But, beware, there are MANY imitators and ripoffs out there touting someone else's name.
This one's a bit more complex than that Joe...the violet mics are firggin' amazing (they are by no means "cheap" knockoffs)...and notice that BLUE hasn't done anything but modify their ball several times over since violet came into being...
Old 07-28-2005, 02:07 PM

what do you guys think about "The Black Night" , it will be coming out very soon and will have a factory direct price of $395 US until december 31st.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:46 PM

I'm a bit confused. Violet is the real thing right? Did Blue buy the rights to the Viloet mic designs or something and then just recently started producing cheap knock-off's of their own mic's (which used to be nice) to cut corners? Kind of like a Mexican Strat vs. an American Strat?
Old 07-28-2005, 02:54 PM

Quote:
I'm a bit confused. Violet is the real thing right? Did Blue buy the rights to the Viloet mic designs or something and then just recently started producing cheap knock-off's of their own mic's (which used to be nice) to cut corners? Kind of like a Mexican Strat vs. an American Strat?
Nobody outside of these two companies is privy to the specifics of the situation right now. Suffice it to say that BLUE has served Violet with an injunction...and hasn't created anything worthy of note since the Violet offspin.

It is my understanding that the legal battle going on currently is with regards to who owns the patents of some of the designs. I have no idea who is in the right and who is in the wrong. What I can say is that the products developed entirely after the formation of Violet with no possible connection to BLUE are damn fine mics.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:00 PM

Thanks for your reply Chris. Right before you posted, I found this at the Violet website.....

My statement is initiated as a result of incorrect information provided by "Baltic Latvian Universal Electronics", LLC., at their website: www.bluemic.com.

I have designed 6 base microphone models in past from zero. For 6 years, I was manufacturing and selling these microphones to United States based trade company "Baltic Latvian Universal Electronics", LLC.

I have invested a lot of time and financial resources in microphone designing and manufacturing technology excellence. Thousands of happy customers around globe are the best prove of it.

Unfortunately any talks about my intellectual property rights have been ignored by the "Baltic Latvian Universal Electronics", LLC. Even more, in last year they have tried to replicate my microphone designs and set up production in “low cost manufacturing countries”. Over 60 devoted people are taking part in designing and manufacturing process here in Latvia. They can assure reality.

Despite our efforts in last 5 years, it was impossible to sign any contract between me as designer/manufacturer and "Baltic Latvian Universal Electronics", LLC Trade Company. Manufacturing was going on verbal contact basis only.

Above situation resulted in following:
In 2003 - designing and manufacturing of the new "Violet" microphone line,
In October, 2004 - discontinuing any operations with "Baltic Latvian Universal Electronics", LLC.
In January 2005 - continuing manufacturing of my microphone models under "JZ" trademark.

I use legally registered trademark "JZ". This trademark and "JZ" microphone product design are registered in EU. I am ready to provide necessary documentation in case of any legal action.

I hope that this information will help you to understand the situation better.

Wishing the best,
Juris Zarins

http://www.violetusa.com/Default.aspx?tabid=152
Old 07-28-2005, 06:40 PM

What's up with that?
Command/8
PTLE 7.1 MPT
www.clearspotrecording.com
Old 07-28-2005, 08:55 PM

BLUE in my opinion has some of the best mics, so yes, be careful. I got a Baby Bottle used (3 days old and kept in a studio) for $349 and it sounds amazing
80 GB UDMA-100 7200 RPM HD
160 GB UDMA-100 7200 RPM 2MB SEAGATE HD