Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 07-26-2005, 09:28 PM

Default Re: DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS V.7.0

Quote:
I'm an LE user. Alot of all this stuff everyone is talking about is in a TDM system.
When you buy a new car, you have a choice to buy the bottom of the range (LE) or the top of the range, with all the bells and whistles (TDM) If you want all the bells and whistles you PAY for it. If you can get by without the bells and whistles you don't.

If all digidesign sold was TDM systems (which it seems all LE users want) many people wouldn't be able to afford a Pro Tools System at all. Good on you Digidesign for providing a damn good scaled down version of Pro Tools even these "winging" users of LE can afford.

SO i guess you would walk your whole dam life if the only car that was made is top of the line $100,000 BMW's.. right, our bad! please excuse the people that want to drive something nice but not spend thousands of dollars to do it..... ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU KNOW FOR A FACT THAT A COMPANY CAN MAKE CHEAPER CARS THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO TRADE IN, FOR A NEW ONE EVERY TWO YEARS OR SO CAUSE THEY SAID THEY WON'T FIX THE OLD ONE ANYMORE OR MAKE ANY PARTS FOR IT.

I'm glad there are other mechanics in the world.

Download free music at
http://www.nukmusic.com
nEVER uNDERESTIMATE kNOWLEDGE
Old 07-26-2005, 09:52 PM

Wow! I didn't think I'd get that reaction! You misunderstood me.

I did start off by saying "I'm a LE user." meaning that I am certainly not rich and definetly don't drive a fancy car. All I'm saying is that I'm glad digidesign has provided a scaled down alternative for us people who can't afford the TDM version - which includes me! I think LE is bloody brilliant and although I'd love to have the TDM version for all these extra functions, I just can't afford it! So I buy the LE and don't complain that it hasn't got this, or it hasn't got that because if I wanted extra funtionaily badly, I would simply have to save up and pay for it or buy a cheaper (less reliable) DAW.

I'm glad Digidesign can provide a version for us to give us a taste of what the Pros use.

Sorry you misunderstood me. No hard feelings hey?
Old 07-27-2005, 04:28 AM

cool mate one day you'll understand me too, get it?

Download free music at
http://www.nukmusic.com
nEVER uNDERESTIMATE kNOWLEDGE