Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2017, 03:55 AM

Default Midi values won't show up on the timeline. Only blue clips. [solved]

I have no doubt this is a simple button I have to press somewhere... But I've struggled with it for two days now and haven't figured it out.

When I come up with some track on say Ezdrummer inside Pro Tools 12 and want to bring it into the timeline to further manipulate and introduce tempo changes and all that, all I get is a blue clip in the timeline (as seen in the image below). I don't see any midi information I could work with. When I playback, the sound comes out properly.

In desperation, I turn to the community. Could anybody help?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pro-tools-midi-wont-show.jpg (48.4 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by GeneRoberts; 01-08-2017 at 06:37 AM.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:00 AM

Default Re: Midi values won't show up on the timeline. Only blue clips.

On the left side of your tracks where it says "clips", when you click on that with your mouse do you get a dropdown menu with a list of choices for what to view on the track?

Greg
Old 01-08-2017, 06:37 AM

Default Re: Midi values won't show up on the timeline. Only blue clips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg M View Post
On the left side of your tracks where it says "clips", when you click on that with your mouse do you get a dropdown menu with a list of choices for what to view on the track?

Greg
Thank you. That wasn't what was wrong. But I finally figured out.

I didn't realize I had to drag what's on the timeline at EZDrummer and drop into ProTool. I created something on EZDrummer and thought it would be automatically popping up on the Pro Tools timeline. All good now. Thanks!