Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2017, 10:48 PM

Default Re: 12.7 Plug-Ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvalmont View Post
Its odd you would be under an NDA preventing you from expressing what updates occurred in released software.
Meaning that Avid will post this info when it's available. Same goes to PT releases. If we know something, we must not speak about the details.
Old 04-23-2017, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Meaning that Avid will post this info when it's available. Same goes to PT releases. If we know something, we must not speak about the details.
You could have just said that to begin with
Old 04-23-2017, 04:36 AM

Okay then, my bad
Old 04-23-2017, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post

If you own these they should be available via my.avid.com/products and Application Manager.
It's not quite as clear cut as that Jeffro.

Those of us who got plugins bundled with Music Production Toolkit, Complete Production Toolkit and Producer Factory Pro (those are the ones I have experience of) don't have all the the plugins listed in their Avid accounts. The toolkits are listed, but not all the plugins that came as part of the bundle.

In my case that includes Space, X-Form, Sound Replacer, Classic Compressors Bundle, Fairchild Bundle, Moogerfooger Bundle, Joe Meek Compressor and Meequilizer, Voce Bundle, Tel-Ray Delay, Smack, and more that are now obsolete.

I did ask a while back about getting them added to my account, but was told they only appear in the account if they've been purchased individually, not if they came as part of a bundle.

Kinda makes me feel like a second class citizen for these products.

I really only use Space and X-Form regularly, and Moogerfooger occasionally. I 'might' have a use for the Voce bundle and Tel-Ray Delay on rare occasions. I can't see myself using any of the others nowadays, I'd much rather use my UAD compressors, and Drumagog suits me much better than Sound Replacer.

It would be nice to have all my owned plugins listed in my account.

Even second hand plugins, if bought using the proper paid for transfer of ownership process, should appear in people's accounts in my view.

I don't see any reason why an individual's Avid account shouldn't list everything they legitimately own.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 04-23-2017, 08:51 AM

You're right, the're is a difference with Avid Account and iLok Account.

Naturally, Avid would want that all of the plugins purchased by their customers would show in the Avid Account, but the thing is -- and Avid very well knows it -- people are selling and buying licenses 2nd hand, so there's the problem right there.

Not that we wouldn't have had the right to sell and buy licenses 2nd hand but the fact that Avid doesn't have a clue what happens outside their own store.

I agree. Avid would show huge amount of goodwill if they made any iLok license also appear in your Avid Account, but here's the problem: what if you sold that license to another person and your Avid Account still shows that you're a customer?

I think this is a never-ending battle. If you have an active support plan you can at least talk to a support person...
Old 04-23-2017, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelpry View Post
It's not quite as clear cut as that Jeffro.

Those of us who got plugins bundled with Music Production Toolkit, Complete Production Toolkit and Producer Factory Pro (those are the ones I have experience of) don't have all the the plugins listed in their Avid accounts. The toolkits are listed, but not all the plugins that came as part of the bundle.

In my case that includes Space, X-Form, Sound Replacer, Classic Compressors Bundle, Fairchild Bundle, Moogerfooger Bundle, Joe Meek Compressor and Meequilizer, Voce Bundle, Tel-Ray Delay, Smack, and more that are now obsolete.

I did ask a while back about getting them added to my account, but was told they only appear in the account if they've been purchased individually, not if they came as part of a bundle.

Kinda makes me feel like a second class citizen for these products.

I really only use Space and X-Form regularly, and Moogerfooger occasionally. I 'might' have a use for the Voce bundle and Tel-Ray Delay on rare occasions. I can't see myself using any of the others nowadays, I'd much rather use my UAD compressors, and Drumagog suits me much better than Sound Replacer.

It would be nice to have all my owned plugins listed in my account.

Even second hand plugins, if bought using the proper paid for transfer of ownership process, should appear in people's accounts in my view.

I don't see any reason why an individual's Avid account shouldn't list everything they legitimately own.
The installers are on their respective product webpages on Avid.com
Old 04-23-2017, 09:25 AM

Some of the older Toolkits just deposited licenses when redeeming them in Avid accounts (no downloads were included since the installers were on the Pro Tools CD or DVD), so the plug-in updates have been available on their product pages. I'll add links to the Release Notes KB to make finding them easier and check out the Avid account products to see if something can be done there.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:47 AM

No sweat Jeffro, I just bought it worth mentioning ;-)

And yes, as of now, installers are available via the relevant product page at www.avid.com/plugins

It's also good that Avid is currently announcing plugin updates in the Tech Announcements section of the DUC. But that hasn't always been the case. Sometimes people only became aware of updates due to a chance visit to the plugin page, or after seeing someone else on the DUC mention it.

I have a three-monthly reminder set in my calendar to check the sites of all software I own checking for updates. It's amazing how often that's the first I know that an update is out, even though I'm the registered owner and I receive plenty of other emails from companies.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 04-23-2017, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelpry View Post
No sweat Jeffro, I just bought it worth mentioning ;-)

And yes, as of now, installers are available via the relevant product page at www.avid.com/plugins

It's also good that Avid is currently announcing plugin updates in the Tech Announcements section of the DUC. But that hasn't always been the case. Sometimes people only became aware of updates due to a chance visit to the plugin page, or after seeing someone else on the DUC mention it.

I have a three-monthly reminder set in my calendar to check the sites of all software I own checking for updates. It's amazing how often that's the first I know that an update is out, even though I'm the registered owner and I receive plenty of other emails from companies.
Ain't that the truth; they have made many updates between 12.0 and 12.7 but product pages and accounts have hardly been updated. I am liking how there are links and change info that is readily available for this release.

P.S. to Avid; thanks for updating (most of) the iLok licenses to have 3 authorizations! That's really awesome! Q: I noticed some of my licenses have not been updated to have 3, such as my Reel Tape (non-bundled) Saturation, Delay and Flanger; and also a few others. Are those to be expected to be updated to 3 auths as well?
Old 04-23-2017, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvalmont View Post
they have made many updates between 12.0 and 12.7 but product pages and accounts have hardly been updated. I am liking how there are links and change info that is readily available for this release.
Well I kind of agree with you. Avid website has been broken since they renewed it, but they have been putting effort into fixing it and we can only hope that it will some day be usable