Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2016, 04:03 PM
Avid

Default Re: Fader Module as MIDI controller suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsdy View Post
Apologise for the barrage of posts, just so stoked, (as you guys across the pond say,) with my new S6..

Just wondering though. Jeff mentioned something about adding/editing Eucon softkeys would automatically get named, (and hopefully get the appropriate icon applied!!!??) in a future version.

Is this going to be in v2.2? I ask because I'm about to take some time out in a couple of weeks and set up my softkeys as I want them. Big job! I may hang on for the new functionality if it's coming soon.
The auto naming is in v2.2 but not auto icons (this is a lot more work), I'm from your side of the pond originally BTW ;-) Keep up the posts its good to hear feedback !
Old 02-17-2016, 12:42 AM

HA!!!! Eddie's a Brit!!!! That explains a lot. Abbey Road consoles, Neve, Calrec, Trident, SSL and now the S6.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:39 AM
Avid

I would personally wait until 2.2 to completely rebuild your Softkeys if that's what you are thinking of doing. We've added some new functions and new pages and EUCON is now aware of a lot more than it ever was including monitoring functions, S6 user preferences, Zone Banking, etc. As again, I would always recommend backing up your working ideas to XML files so you can pull from them if you had a particularly good idea.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 02-17-2016, 06:24 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsdy View Post
HA!!!! Eddie's a Brit!!!! That explains a lot. Abbey Road consoles, Neve, Calrec, Trident, SSL and now the S6.
Don't forget my Uncle ;-) Raindirk Audio
Old 02-17-2016, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecontrol View Post
I would personally wait until 2.2 to completely rebuild your Softkeys if that's what you are thinking of doing. We've added some new functions and new pages and EUCON is now aware of a lot more than it ever was including monitoring functions, S6 user preferences, Zone Banking, etc. As again, I would always recommend backing up your working ideas to XML files so you can pull from them if you had a particularly good idea.

best,

Jeff
Thanks for that. I am going to pretty much rebuild my softkeys so I'll wait for 2.2! Have you got a ballpark release date planned?

@Eddie: How could I forget Raindirk!?
Old 02-17-2016, 04:27 PM
Avid

Sorry no date yet....at least a couple of months out
Old 02-18-2016, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecontrol View Post

best,

Jeff
Sorry to keep harping on about this. Impatience is getting the better of me though and two months is a long time to wait!

If I rebuilt my softkeys now, will I be wasting my time and have to do it all over again when 2.2 comes out? Or could I incorporate the new functionality in 2.2 and adapt/edit whatever work I do now on my softkeys?..... (And keep saving those XML files of course!)

I realise it will take longer if I do it now, for example, EUCON commands won't to get auto named etc.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:08 AM
Avid

You can do this now, the new commands in v2.2 can be added to your Appset later. The improvements we are making to the rest of the factory default Appset(like color coding) you could manually make to your custom one as well. It will just take you the time to do it and Jeff and I were worried that you would see the new v2.2 Appset and wish you had started from there. You can always see what's new and then replicate in your own Appset, again its just time there are no restrictions.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:18 AM
Avid

In my opinion Softkeys are never done. You will probably realize that once you get your set "perfected" you will come up with some new ideas to better optimize your workflow. The best advice is to start tinkering and figuring out what is important to YOUR workflow and start placing functions where YOU want them. I guarantee that you will continue to tweak as we add new ideas and as EUCON starts to access new Pro Tools and monitoring functions. Create some different sets and save them. Go back to old ideas, etc. I'll try and post some out of the box ideas for customized Softkeys a little later this week so you can see the range of possibilities.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 02-18-2016, 11:11 AM

Thanks guys, very much appreciated.

It sounds like I should start experimenting. I already have done to a degree.

I'm guessing that the improvements to my workflow, (which is very much music composition/MIDI based,) by customising my softkeys will save me so much time it will easily offset any extra time I have to spend making adaptions and alterations for the new 2.2 functionality.