Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces

Old 09-06-2018, 02:24 PM
Universal Audio

Default Universal Audio releases Apollo X TB3 interfaces.

https://www.uaudio.com/apollo-x

Universal Audio Announces New Apollo X Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interfaces for Mac and Windows

Apollo X allows music producers, project, and post-production studios to track and mix with world-beating A/D and D/A conversion, HEXA Core DSP processing, and 
7.1 Surround Sound monitoring

Universal Audio is proud to introduce the Apollo X Series of Thunderbolt 3 rackmount audio interfaces — the biggest leap forward for their award-winning Apollo line in history — available now for Mac* and Windows users worldwide.

Featuring all-new, elite-class A/D and D/A conversion and HEXA Core UAD plug-in processing — yielding 50% more DSP for running UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time — the Apollo X range is further distinguished by its ability to run Unison mic preamp models from Neve, Manley, API, Helios, and SSL,** plus selectable +24 dBu operating levels, and comprehensive Surround Sound monitoring support for 5.1 and 7.1 formats.†

New Apollo X Interface Series Features:

• Elite-class A/D and D/A conversion nearing the widest dynamic range and lowest signal to noise available — at any price
• Powerful HEXA Core processing, featuring 6 UAD DSP processors, yielding 50% more DSP for running UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time
• Near-zero latency through preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, Fender, and more using Unison™ technology (Apollo x6, x8, x8p)
• Switchable +24 / +20 dBu operation for optimal connection with professional studio equipment
• Supported surround formats up to 7.1, complete with speaker calibration and fold-down
• Integrated Talkback microphone and built-in cues for easy communication and slating takes
• Included “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-ins: 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, legacy LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild compressors, Pultec EQs, Marshall Plexi Classic, Ampeg SVT-R Classic Bass Amp, and more.

Apollo | x16 — $3,499
The flagship Apollo x16 boasts the widest dynamic range (133 dB) and lowest THD+N (-129 dB) of any Thunderbolt audio interface on the market. This 18 x 20 interface is the perfect solution for commercial studios, mix rooms, and post production facilities.

Apollo | x8p — $2,999
Apollo x8p features eight Unison™-enabled mic preamps, allowing producers and engineers to track drums and larger projects through classic preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, Helios, and more. With 129 dB dynamic range and switchable +24 dBu headroom settings, the 18 x 22 Apollo x8p rivals any high-end converter on the market.

Apollo | x8 — $2,499
Apollo x8 features four Unison-enabled mic preamps, making it the ideal studio centerpiece for music producers, project, and post-production studios. Apollo x8 provides elite-class 129 dB dynamic range, switchable +24 dBu operation, and 18 x 24 connectivity.

Apollo | x6 — $1,999
Apollo x6 is ideal for electronic music producers and post-production studios, featuring two Unison-enabled mic preamps and Hi-Z inputs, 129 dB dynamic range, 5.1 Surround support, and 16 x 22 connectivity.

*Mac Pro (Late 2013 / “black cylinder” model) compatibility for Apollo X coming Q4 2018. **Apollo X interfaces include the “Realtime Analog Classics” bundle. Other UAD plug-ins sold separately. †Surround sound features coming Q4 2018.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg apollo_x_family_stacked_3qtr_transparent.jpg (38.5 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by UniversalAudio; 09-06-2018 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-06-2018, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Universal Audio releases Apollo X TB3 interfaces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalAudio View Post
*Mac Pro (Late 2013 / “black cylinder” model) compatibility for Apollo X coming Q4 2014.
Good thing that happened 3 years ago!
Pro Tools Ult 2024.3, HDX 2, MTRX/SPQ, RME BBF Pro + MADIface Pro • S1 x 2, Fire HD10 + Max11, Dock, iPad Air5 • Mac Mini 14,12, 12 core, macOS 13.6.5 • RAM 32GB, SSD 4TB, GPU 19 core • QNAP TVS-872XT 148TB TB3
Old 09-06-2018, 03:27 PM
Universal Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Good thing that happened 3 years ago!
Old 09-07-2018, 11:02 PM

Well happy days here ... Not

Went to our lical dealer yesterday and traded in two of our Apollo Blackface 8P for two shiny new Apollo X8 and put up a small fortune inbetween for trade and get home, set them up in the rack and read that the X models are NOT gonna work with our Cylinder Mac Pro computers until Q4

Hiw is this possible when most studios here have the trashcans and this should have been worked out BEFORE releasingthese new interfaces..

So now I have two doorstops worth 7000 USD sitting here.

Why the F didn't this get screamed out on your UA website as itis a BIG DEAL.

It only say "Black Cylinder" Mac Pro and we have two brownish 6 and 12 Core versions, not Black so I assumed it was ONLY BLACK Cylinder Mac Pro as it say that with the smallest asterixes in history ... I am glad we still have two more 8P and two Apollo 16 Black units as our SSL 4056 room would be dead in the water for tracking if we only had the two trade-ins as we can't get the new X8 units to work now.

Anyone have any news or info about this or if there are any Beta drivers for these? We paid a LOT for them and have over 30K invested in UA gear so I think we should be able to get this working before Q4 is up. That can be 31st December if we are unlucky and thats not gonna fly with me. I rather trade them back if that is tye case and get a new Brand for once like 2 of the Focusrite Red 8Pre or Goliath HD for example.

Awaiting answers from UA and if anyone have any info regarding if the brownish Mac Pro will work but not the black one I would be very happy for that info.

Thanks Guys

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-08-2018, 12:11 AM

“Brownish” Mac Pro???

Do you have pictures of these monstrosities? That would be an Apple abomination. (I only half jest — Apple did not make such a beast. They were all black except for the project RED one that was auctioned for charity by Ives)
Pro Tools Ult 2024.3, HDX 2, MTRX/SPQ, RME BBF Pro + MADIface Pro • S1 x 2, Fire HD10 + Max11, Dock, iPad Air5 • Mac Mini 14,12, 12 core, macOS 13.6.5 • RAM 32GB, SSD 4TB, GPU 19 core • QNAP TVS-872XT 148TB TB3
Old 10-09-2018, 12:15 PM
Universal Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Awaiting answers from UA and if anyone have any info regarding if the brownish Mac Pro will work but not the black one I would be very happy for that info.

Thanks Guys
Mac Pro support is live.

https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015509371
Old 10-09-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalAudio View Post

WOW!!! Downloading now and look forward to start using our two new shiny X8P interfaces with our other Apollo interfaces and satellites

Thank You Guys and Gals at UA! Very fast support as usual

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-08-2018, 12:10 AM

Brown cylindrical Mac Pros?

I think you’re taking the colour description a tad too literally. I would have thought most people could tell the difference between an old silver Cheesegrater style Mac Pro and the new black Trashcan Mac Pro.

It sucks and I feel for you. You’re right, it should be compatible upon release considering these machines have been out for what... 5 years now? But, it does state the compatibility and I saw it in the press release. At the end of the day, I’m sorry to say, this one is on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2018, 12:15 AM

Default Universal Audio releases Apollo X TB3 interfaces.

They have a brownish tinge to them in certain angles/light, but they are most definitely black. There is only one colour and that is black. Well, unless SSM has a limited edition Kush model. Hahahaha!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2018, 12:36 AM

KUSH version hahaha

I will take a few pictures but i assure you, we had a Black trashcan on loan before buying these 6 and 12 core versions and for sure they have a very different colour than the Black cylinder had.

They are more like Brown/Grey Metallic and the Black ones are .. well Black

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————