Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 08-25-2018, 09:43 AM

Default What would you do?

ProTools Users,

Here's the problem I had a perpetual license for ProTools 12 Vanilla which I surrendered then upgraded to ProTools HD.

ProTools Ultimate arrives under the new rebranding by Avid but I let the ProTools HD license expire in March 2018 due to the upgrade cost at the time of renewal.
Within the last week I have tried to reinstate this HD license to Ultimate but find the upgrade price was towards a ProTools standard reinstatement license and
not the Ultimate ProTools reinstatement license I thought would be deposited into my avid account.

Should I pay full upgrade price for Ultimate, or cancel the reinstatement plan, or can I keep using the Perpetual ProTools HD license.

What would you do?.

Regards
Old 08-29-2018, 04:13 AM

Default Re: What would you do?

You can keep using your current HD licence, or if you want to sort this out, open a case with Avid via email from your account. I have done this a couple of times when I have had licencing problems and it has been sorted out very quickly.
Dell Precision 490 Workstation, dual 4 core 5355 Xeon, 16gb Samsung DDR2 ECC Ram - Windows 7 Ultimate - Nvidia GTX 650 - 3 x Internal WD Blacks - PT 2018.3 - Digi 002R - Original Mackie HUI - 3 screens - JBL Monitoring.
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790 - 24gb RAM - Windows 10 - Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB with Studio driver 546.01 - 2 x Internal Samsung 860 EVO SSDs, and MSATA card - Davinci Resolve Studio 18.6.4 - 3 screens - Blackmagic Speed Editor - MK1 Presonus Faderport - Canon C100 mk2 - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n
Old 08-30-2018, 01:36 AM

Default Re: What would you do?

To whizzboy,

Thats what I did, and will use the current HD perpetual license for now.

Regards