How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-29-2012, 09:36 AM

Default SynthMaster 2.5 is "officially" RTAS now! Demo available

Hi everyone,

After extensive testing, thanks to many DUC members, we officially released SynthMaster 2.5 as an RTAS plugin today! During the beta period, SynthMaster 2.5 has been tested with ProTools 8,9,10, 10 HD on Windows 7, MacOSX 10.6.7 and MacOSX 10.7.3 operating systems.

For those of you not familiar with SynthMaster 2.5, here is a brief info from our web site:

"SynthMaster 2.5 is an 'all-around' semi-modular software synthesizer and effect plug-in that features many different synthesis methods including VA, Additive, Wavetable, Wavescanning, Phase Modulation, Frequency Modulation, Pulse Width Modulation, Ring Modulation, Amplitude Modulation, Physical Modeling and SFZ Sample Playback synthesis. With its multi-synthesis oscillators, analog modelled/digital filters, flexible effects routing with 11 types of high quality effects and a massive modulation architecture with 95 separate modulation sources and 650+ modulation targets; SynthMaster is a 'must-have' for all synthesizer enthusiasts!"

SynthMaster has received "Performance Award" and 10/10 from Computer Music Magazine in their February 2012 review: http://www.musicradar.com/gear/all/c...r-32235/review

The demo version of SynthMaster can be downloaded at:
http://www.synthmaster.com/downloads.aspx

Cheers!

Bülent
Old 02-29-2012, 03:04 PM

Default Re: SynthMaster 2.5 is "officially" RTAS now! Demo available

Cool, but white noise every 60 seconds? That's the most annoying thing in the world. Bad, bad decision. How am I supposed to get in the zone?
Old 02-29-2012, 03:59 PM

That's funny - I thought it was buggy software. It never occurred to me that it was on purpose. I now share the sentiment. It's like Try-sound.com and those annoying birds. Try to audition a solo violin legato while you're forced to hear birds chirping. That's pretty useless to me.

Demo or trial should be fully functional - perhaps with save function disabled or just time limited.

Alain
Old 02-29-2012, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlainZagar View Post
That's funny - I thought it was buggy software. It never occurred to me that it was on purpose. I now share the sentiment. It's like Try-sound.com and those annoying birds. Try to audition a solo violin legato while you're forced to hear birds chirping. That's pretty useless to me.

Demo or trial should be fully functional - perhaps with save function disabled or just time limited.

Alain
Good suggestions! Thank you folks! I can make it so that after 5 minutes of running the synth is non-functional (i.e. plays random notes)
Old 03-01-2012, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kv331 View Post
Good suggestions! Thank you folks! I can make it so that after 5 minutes of running the synth is non-functional (i.e. plays random notes)
Please, no noise or random notes, or anything else that's annoying. I totally understand the idea behind trial limitations, but there's a limit to what a producer and/or musician can do with a 7-14 day fully functional trial license. If the product you sell excites me, I will buy it. Usually, I decide in a matter of hours, but that requires a fully functional product, or at least one that doesn't emit noise and such every minute.

Look, there is a plethora of good VI's on the market these days, and you have to be as open and inviting as possible to catch our attention. This is not meant as a negative rant, or anything like that, but from the bottom of my ears - I deeply, deeply hate that kind of product protection.

There, I'm done. I must be getting old and grumpy after all.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:20 PM

White noise annoyances aside...

This is a GREAT synth plugin!

I had the opportunity to try it out during their beta test, and I am completely blown away.

There are so many options for carving out craaaaazy tones and noises. Perfect for all genres of electronic, including dubstep. I could also see it having plenty of use in a movie score, or for video games.

Top notch!

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 03-01-2012, 12:28 PM

Well, since I am not using iLok -yet-, I'll have to put some protection as a developer.

Instead of the white noise every 60 secs, I'll go with "pseudo" random notes after 10 minutes.

And as a "special" to RTAS users, I'll lift the restriction on persisting preset settings in ProTools sessions. Let's see how this goes :)

Those changes will hopefuly come in 3-4 hours!
Old 03-01-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kv331 View Post
Well, since I am not using iLok -yet-, I'll have to put some protection as a developer.

Instead of the white noise every 60 secs, I'll go with "pseudo" random notes after 10 minutes.

And as a "special" to RTAS users, I'll lift the restriction on persisting preset settings in ProTools sessions. Let's see how this goes :)

Those changes will hopefuly come in 3-4 hours!
Cool. I'm happy with that. Thanks a bunch!
Old 03-01-2012, 11:14 PM

Allright fellows, we listened to you, and here's the result :)

No more "white noise", and now PT remembers SynthMaster plugin settings during session load/save! Instead of the white noise, now you can enjoy SynthMaster for 10 minutes and after then it starts playing notes randomly!
Old 03-06-2012, 03:08 AM

I'm having a very hard time to get synthmaster latest 2.5 32bit to work with pr tools le 8.04 on win 7 , its crashing pro tools as soon as i switch a sound or 2 inside synthmaster, do i need to install the 64 bit version >?or im I out of luck , and its not yet compatible with pt le 8 on win7?the couple of sounds that i tried sounded great, would love for this demo to work