Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2018, 02:19 AM

Default Re: iZotope RX7 officially announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDS View Post
That IS interesting. Do you mean that just in general - that RX provides more tools to actually correct noise issues? Or do you find it better in a general DX bus mix situation where a broadband noise reduction is just strapped over some busses or tracks?
In all fairness, I may not be comparing like for like. I've used real time Cedar units in studios for many years, and RX4 onwards has rung rings round those, but there I'm thinking of their offline processes not Dialogue De-noise, so it may not be an entirely fair comparison. I do find the RX algorithm exceptionally good, and while any improvements are always welcome it wouldn't be a top priority to me. One trick I've taken to doing is that I often find with field recordings the unwanted noise is in the lower register, and if I sample just this for reference I can get really quite aggressive with it - most of the tell-tale NR artefacts get noticeable in the mids and highs. I know you can balance with some of the real time units, but you can always be more forensic with offline.

Dialogue Isolate - marvel that it is - even in this incarnation has some way to go. It's so good on some material, but still hit and miss.

P_J - similar thoughts here to yours. Dialogue De-Reverb is the real breakthrough of this release for me.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM