How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 08:51 AM

Default Problem with Pro Tools 10 Crossgrade

I purchased pro tools 10 cross grade upgrading from pro tools 8 le 003 rack.

I purchased crossgrade November 14, 2011

problems........

ilok lost my account information
then managed to find it and send an email over 6 weeks later on December 27,

avid dumped my cross grade license into an unknown account.

i can't launch pro tools because ilok doesn't recognize pro tools 10

I spent over an hour of long distance phone charges from Canada with
a complete run-around with no resolution when i tried to contact avid

avid pro tools does not have a toll free number for its customers in canada,
nor does canada have customer service.

i bought a brand new macbook pro for pro tools 10

customer service is a joke, over 6 weeks since purchase and still no resolution or full refund

I still have not received hard copies of pro tools 10 cross grade I purchased online in the mail 6 weeks later.

i didn't invest in to this product on november 14, 2011. i purchased a product, the product of avid pro tools 10, i still have no competent help, i have been ripped off for purchasing a ghost product that does not have costumer service.

this product is faulty, this product does not work, do not buy pro tools 10

did i mention how i had to wait 6 months in 2009 for a update from avid for my 003 rack to work after purchase. this company is unprofessional, incompetent, and ripping customers off. I'm not an investor, there is no refund for a product that doesn't work. DONT BUY PRO TOOLS. don't waste your money as i have. this company doesn't resolve their own issues and keep playing games with ilok and neither company is resolving my ilok license as of today.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:06 AM

Default Re: DONT BUY pro tools 10, its a rip off,

ever think that it is you?

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 01-02-2012, 09:18 AM

Hi mate!

I feel for you, for real but as I have learned it really does help and worx way better if you change the attitude a bit and the tone of your voice 😉 I got help very fast all the way from Stockholm just by sending an email to the support mail adress and with a little charm and some nice words I got the help I needed the next day ☺

Just a thougt!
Good Luck and Have a Great New Year!
I Will 😃
Old 01-02-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Hi mate!

I feel for you, for real but as I have learned it really does help and worx way better if you change the attitude a bit and the tone of your voice 😉 I got help very fast all the way from Stockholm just by sending an email to the support mail adress and with a little charm and some nice words I got the help I needed the next day ☺

Just a thougt!
Good Luck and Have a Great New Year!
I Will 😃
Man, it seems to me you're kind of missing the point here. I suspect he didn't start OFF with his attitude. After dealing with Avid, like SO many other people, he ended UP with that attitude - fully justified.

You know, I notice the people who have been fortunate enough to have a good experience are always a little condescending to the huge number of people who haven't. The point being there ARE a huge number of people who report experiences like this guy had. They aren't all just weird anomalies who started off with bad attitudes. Avid is obviously often a terrible company to deal with. Many many MANY people report terrible support problems. Those people and their experiences aren't somehow invalid just because they're negative, just like yours isn't because it happened to be positive. Its just a fact - an incontrovertible fact - that one of the most common complaints about Avid is TERRIBLE customer support.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:01 AM

I purchased a Digi 003 Rack Plus on Dec26/11.
I tried a number of times to install the software. The disc was corrupt.
Went back to store, they promised to have a replacement disc within a week to 10 days...how efficient.
Stupidly I decided to buy Pro Tools 9. This disc after multiple attempts , finally installed. I tried to register it but it would not register....faulty registration number. Thus began my over 4 hours of long distance trying to get this working.
Finally ,after waiting in a cue for over an hour and a half, I got through and had to do clean uninstall,and was walked through steps to get me up and running.
Got off phone followed procedures given to me.
Nothing works. Properly setup for input and output.....only the inputs from my mac show up. (Unfortunately bought a new Mac which wasn't in my budget to alleviate the problems from Pt version 8.
Opened and closed a few sessions to see if I could get something to work. Nothing.
Then , I go back to try one more time and get the Assertion error crap. Now I can't even open a session.
So , I understand why this guy and probably many others are pissed.
I've dealt with support 4 times and still nothing Positive has happened.
I have not even been able to record enable a track, should get out my old digi 001 at least after 5 years of effort it worked fairly well.

Please please if anyone can help me get this thing up and running I'd be forever indebted. I have spent my entire xmas holidays trying to get this thing to work. Tomorrows my last day. (Wife is getting very annoyyed too)
Old 01-02-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorbax View Post

problems........

Sounds like your issues are with ilok, not Avid. It's a good idea to always double check your ilok account info prior to making a purchase. I always make sure it's current and correct, the license will go to the ID you specify and if it's not in your account and downloaded onto your ilok dongle Pro Tools will not recognize it.
RME, Daking, Heritage, ISA, Sytek

Old 01-02-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:

I purchased mines in october a week after it came out

Quote:
problems........

That's their mistake not Avid. Ilok is a company of it's own

Quote:
Have you stopped to think that they might have provided you and Avid with the wrong account? did you check to make sure you had the right one?

Quote:
Well that's a duh, and a good one, means that the program is safe.

Quote:
I spent over an hour of long distance phone charges from Canada with
a complete run-around with no resolution when i tried to contact avid
That's the only part I can tell you that I sympathize with you, being from quebec myself, I wish they had an office here, like M-audio does. Would save on the long distances.

Quote:
avid pro tools does not have a toll free number for its customers in canada,
nor does canada have customer service.
Many company do not have toll free numbers to prevent getting flooded with problems that people could easily fix if they read the f*kin* manual. That and the cost of the costumer services is playing a capital role. Heck it's even the new sign in name of our old and beloved dts here.

Quote:
i bought a brand new macbook pro for pro tools 10
That's your choice, your own personal decision. PT 10 might have run on your old one, I don't know. Or you could have went with a pc which would have cost you less. Don't blame Avid for your own personal decision.

Quote:
customer service is a joke, over 6 weeks since purchase and still no resolution or full refund
Again, reading your first part of the post, you said Ilok took 6 weeks. Well that's not Avid's fault is it?

Quote:
I still have not received hard copies of pro tools 10 cross grade I purchased online in the mail 6 weeks later.
It's a download, and unless you bought the dvd back up for 15$ you won't receive it. And no, that's not a rip off, a lot of company now do this to cost back on cost. And since it's a download, well you don't have taxes and the border fees to pay.

Quote:
i didn't invest in to this product on november 14, 2011. i purchased a product, the product of avid pro tools 10, i still have no competent help, i have been ripped off for purchasing a ghost product that does not have costumer service.
That's your opinion, when many of us had trouble in the past, we have had great service, even if we had to use our free code, or pay for the Customers service.

Quote:
this product is faulty, this product does not work, do not buy pro tools 10
The product works like a charm, it's not Avid fault that Ilok lost your account in the first place and might have giving you the wrong account, or that you wrongly imputed the account when you purchased the product. I've (like many others) have been using PT 10 like a charm since it came out.

Quote:
did i mention how i had to wait 6 months in 2009 for a update from avid for my 003 rack to work after purchase. this company is unprofessional, incompetent, and ripping customers off. I'm not an investor, there is no refund for a product that doesn't work. DONT BUY PRO TOOLS. don't waste your money as i have. this company doesn't resolve their own issues and keep playing games with ilok and neither company is resolving my ilok license as of today.
Wait, you're saying that the company took the time and effort to actually fix a problem on a piece of equipment that was very hard to find the problem with in the first place? And now you're saying that Avid doesn't fix their problems? Maybe you should get consequent in what you're writing.

Wave-T.com
Old 01-02-2012, 12:21 PM
Avid

Post Re: DONT BUY pro tools 10, its a rip off,

Quote:
Actually, it looks like you deposited it in the wrong account. You entered an ilok.com User ID during the activation process that belongs to someone in Australia.

I reviewed your support case, and every response from you gives something different for your ilok.com User ID including "9750-61353-00 Rev.A" (which is the iLok part #), that AUS customer's User ID, as well as several variations on your name. This is what caused the problem and has added to the delay in solving it.

I'll ask CS to follow up on the case ASAP.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:19 PM

Smile Re: Problem with Pro Tools 10 Crossgrade, resolved

thank you all for the wonderful enthusiastic support and comments

to those with nothing useful to say i won't mention

WKG,
sorry about the problems you're having, i know and feel your frustration.

RusF,
thank you for being real and truthful. The corporations are bleeding us dry with little regard for people. And some people forget what side they are on.

resolution is this, truthfully speaking......

first, my user name is the same for ilok registration, with the same email address, its pretty hard to mess that up for those of you think its my mistake.

two, ilok sent me an email with a different user name than what Avid provided
none of which is my user name on this board...again..pretty hard to mess
that up

three, the license has been put in the correct account, pro tools launched with no problem.

4th, if you review my forum history, I've had very little problems with any pro tools software. if some of you knew to do any research, you'd know that instead of extreme arrogant comments.

5th for those of you who think Ilok is responsible...let me remind you, Avid chose to hire Ilok for their services. Avid is responsible for who
they hire to represent Avid, not Ilok

6th thank you digitech support, but i do not agree with your response, it is not truthful from the emails i have received from ilok. I really don't care either, the license is in the right account now. The issue is resolved. Thank you digitech support

please note...i hope 003 rack has no trouble
Old 01-02-2012, 11:19 PM
Avid

Post Re: Problem with Pro Tools 10 Crossgrade

Glad to hear that the problem is resolved.

Quote:
my user name is the same for ilok registration
If you mean your DUC User Name, the deposit was made to the User ID you provided in your support case on 1/2/12 and that is not the same as your DUC User Name. You said that the license is in the right account now, but this statement still concerned us a bit.
Quote:
but i do not agree with your response, it is not truthful
The ilok.com User ID you enter when activating the software is where your license gets deposited. We've done our best to label the field and document the process, but occasionally customers enter the wrong info. It takes some work to then chase down the license, revoke it, and do a new deposit. Look at your Avid account and in Your Products under "LE to Pro Tools 10.0 Crossgrade" it shows "iLok id:" and the name of the (wrong) account that was entered. That's where your license went, and that's what CS has been working to fix for you.
Quote:
customer service is a joke, over 6 weeks since purchase and still no resolution
You failed to mention that more than half of this was us waiting for you to respond to our case notice sent on 12/2, or that you gave us 4 different answers (all different than the account the license went to) when we asked you what your ilok.com User ID was.

We're trying to help here, and we understand your frustration, but you are leaving out some key info while claiming the product was faulty and that we were not responsive. Neither of those are really accurate.
Closed Thread