Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2003, 09:29 AM

Default Technical Questions

I am installing a C24 in an artist studio and I have a question regarding wiring, which is not directly addressed in the documentation that comes with the C24.

Can the Mic and Line input jacks on the back of the C24 be occupied simultaneously? On some inexpensive consoles, doing this causes a loading problem across one or both of the amplifiers.

Does anyone here have any suggestions or "gotchas" regarding wiring of this console? I will be extending all the rear connections to a TT patchbay.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Old 11-09-2003, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Technical Questions

I haven´t heard any difference in signal quality when both inputs are connected. In my studio, all the channel inputs are connected to patchbays (TRS for line and XLR for Mic), and I use the channel input select button on the C24 to choose between them. Works fine here.

Stein Tore
Old 11-09-2003, 11:37 PM

steins,

Did you do a breakout cable so that the same patch points are used for either mic/line? Or did you dedicate a patch point for each Mic input and separate patch point for each line input?

Thanks for your help.

Old 11-10-2003, 04:20 AM

I use a patchpoint for each Mic and Line input. I have a few keyboards patched into the line inputs for quick recording of MIDI tracks. These stay there more or less permanent, and I find it handy to just switch to the XLR input when tracking live instruments. The output from the C24 Pre´s are normalled to the inputs on a 192 I/O.

Stein Tore