Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2006, 07:53 AM

Default hidden regions? alt takes not working!

I've posted this once before, but with no response, and wondering if anybody else is seeing these issues.

We seem to have "hidden" regions in our sessions which are adversely affecting the alt takes function as well as some less important editing functions.

These regions are NOT overlapping regions, but regions which are totally covered by a forefront region. The problem occurs most frequently when recording multiple takes in the same playlist a the same place in the timeline.

When we try to call up an alt take, the issue above confused Pro Tools and calls up and incorrect take. In addition, when attempting to highlight the most forefront region, the "hidden" region will highlight, obstensibly highlighting only a portion of the visible region. (This is when double clicking to highlight a region.)

This issue is also affecting focus mode editing.

Anybody come across this problem? This is occurring too often and seems too bizarre for us to be the only ones to have come across it.

Thanks in advance,

Matt Grimm
PT 11 HDN
Omni
Old 11-28-2006, 05:11 AM

Default Re: hidden regions? alt takes not working!

We've had the problem as well with PT 7.2 . . . anyone from Digi CS willing to chime in to answer this?
www.hitproductions.net
Old 11-28-2006, 08:42 AM

Found a thread yesterday that may more clearly define the problem, but still no solution. Apparently Digi has not yet been able to reproduce the problem. Partially because it is so intermittent.

My guess is that newer region overlapping behavior introduced in 7 and 7.2 is where to start looking for coding errors since the problem never occurred for me before that upgrade.

Here's that thread, if anybody can make this a reproducable (sp?) error, please email Digi and I'm sure they'll be on top of it.

http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...7189%231053183
PT 11 HDN
Omni
Old 11-28-2006, 09:08 AM
Avid

Yes - if you have a session that is exhibiting this problem, we'd really like to get our hands on it, as this has been an extremely difficult problem to reproduce. The session will need to contain all your audio files - we've had customer send in sessions without the audio files and we weren't able to repro the problem with their session, so we need one that has everything in it.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:24 PM

I can send a Digidelivery of the offending sessions to DigiTS, who should I send it to (email address). We are installing 6 other PT7 upgrades in our other rooms this weekend and I will see if the problem is common on all rooms.

If the problem is not repeatable in the other rooms then I will just do a full re-install in that room. Anyway if it is a common problem, then I will send via Digidelivery the session for TS to study.
www.hitproductions.net