Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 12:43 PM

Default Re: Errors and hyperthreading

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
YOU started the childish insults.. YOU.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=396354

page 2.

I link to page 1 to show how nice a person I was in that topic, before you picked a fight on page 2.

As I said, i am more than happy to revoke mine when YOU apologise.

Even your tone above is so condescending and you can't even see it. i vehemently dislike you. Truly.

as far as finding proof that i listed them as 2 separate issues, what am I, your slave? You are perfectly capable of finding my posts yourself. Once you find it, quote the whole thing instead of selective , thank you, or don't quote at all.

Still waiting for your proof that pro tools does NOT schedule 2 mmcss threads per core.

It's so hilarious how you don't like being insulted when you were the one that dished it all out and started this for absolutely no reason. I have multiple screenshots of it in all it's glory in case you decide to edit the original insult.

all i remember is talking to the guru and him telling me that my topic and question was a very reasonable one..

So tell me, since you are such a saint in your eyes, instead of just originally telling me that you hadn't experienced the problem in pro tools and windows 10, and i would have said, "great, thanks", and NONE of these past few months issues would have EVER happened, WHY did you insult me to begin with when i had never said a single word to you in my life at that point? Answer that.

Also answer why you are insistent on quoting and talking to me, when i have asked you multiple times, not to, and to just leave me alone.

I am still going to make a serious complaint to avid against you, musicman, and darryl, regardless of my transition, because i still have 200 songs in Pro tools i need to finish and 11 months of paid subscription left till i disappear for good.
Please , stop the personal attacks.
Old 03-03-2018, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjnssn View Post
My name is NOT Pete, that is the end of my "copy/paste" from the 1st thread... Pete is a guy from Microsoft.. the 2nd link is his and requires some level of Microsoft Access.

Regardless... always interesting to see where this one goes.
I actually know who Pete is quite well. Spoke to him quite a bit over the years in GS where he is quite active. I was just saying the second link did not take me anywhere, and a common workaround for the issue. If I thought you were Pete, I would not have tried to explain anything

I think we are still a few years away from 16 core systems being affordable and clocked high enough to make them worth the cost. I would expect MS to make the change by that point, or well before it.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 03-03-2018, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
I am still going to make a serious complaint to avid against you, musicman, and darryl, regardless of my transition, because i still have 200 songs in Pro tools i need to finish and 11 months of paid subscription left till i disappear for good.
a grown up (I think) is going to tattle-tail because he thinks people said mean things.......

200 songs....That is 2 songs completed every 3 days, working 7 days a week, for 11 months nonstop. You better stop focusing on getting the last word in and get to work!!!

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 03-04-2018, 07:53 AM

Weirdest thread evaaaa
Old 03-04-2018, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arche3 View Post
Weirdest thread evaaaa

I know right!! First we all were having a great discussion concerning hyper threading and Pro Tools throwing out buffer errors and the way to disable that. Then it devolved into a mud slinging dramafest.

Back on topic: I am still having the occasional buffer error even tho the cpu usage is maybe at 8% and that is a very steady 8%. Something is wrong here Avid.

www.sugarhillstudios713.com
Old 03-04-2018, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbass View Post
Please , stop the personal attacks.
not a single attack in that post you quoted..

stop follow trolling me from gearslutz.. i've already warned you about that ages ago..

Anyway, you just proved it, by quoting an honest truthful post and converting it in your mind to a personal attack, yet somehow letting all the other attacks on ME go unnoticed. SO obvious lol.

Just for everyone's info.. this guy couldn't handle that i found a major bug in logic and trolled my thread at GS about it and got, yes, PERSONAL.

He's ALLOWED to do it though, just not in return

LOL
Old 03-05-2018, 09:26 AM
Avid

All,

We owe bom619 an apology for polluting their thread with personal attacks and insults. They simply needed some help.

If you are motivated to post when you don't agree with someone that's sharing their knowledge and/or experience, find a respectful way to respond. Please take this opportunity to review the Community Terms of Use.

Thank you,
DTS
Closed Thread