Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2017, 08:47 PM

Default Audio not moving

So I am currently working on a project that I want to put some atmosphere audio before the song starts but when I do move all the tracks to have some space for the audio to play the song still comes up in the beginning. Graphically all the tracks for the song were moved 3 bars up but the audio still starts where it was originally. Any help ?
Old 11-03-2017, 09:59 PM

Default Re: Audio not moving

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitorjpc10 View Post
So I am currently working on a project that I want to put some atmosphere audio before the song starts but when I do move all the tracks to have some space for the audio to play the song still comes up in the beginning. Graphically all the tracks for the song were moved 3 bars up but the audio still starts where it was originally. Any help ?
Insert Time. If you search on DUC, or in the Pro Tools Reference Guide or on YouTube you will find lots of stuff about using insert time.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Insert Time. If you search on DUC, or in the Pro Tools Reference Guide or on YouTube you will find lots of stuff about using insert time.

I've Included a screenshot. As you can see I'm getting a signal from both the bass and the guitar riff tracks but there is nothing there. All other tracks are inactive. I have already used the insert time tool to leave a gap in the beginning but unfortunately I'm still getting the same problem.

https://imgur.com/a/wkm1Y
Old 11-05-2017, 01:11 PM

Do you have Melodyne on these tracks? Once audio is loaded into Melodyne, it needs to be committed so you can delete the plugin and then edit audio(right now, Melodyne "owns" the audio so it can't be edited). If not, there may be some other plugin that acts like this so bypass plugins to see if this is happening

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave