How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Aspera DigiDelivery

Old 05-11-2006, 02:06 PM

Default Believe it or not...Its too hard

for some clients to install.

Feature request.

After setting up an account for a new user, Digidelivery should send an email to the new user with the Digidelivery instructions and client software attached with my server settings and the new user settings embedded in the installer. This way all the new user has to do is download the attached client software from the email and install, pre configured. To test the new users installation, a generic file of your choice (that lives on the server permanently) should be Digidelivered to the new user so they can test their setup.

If the new user already has Digidelivery installed and configured for another server(s), the new settings should be automatically added to the drop down list.

By the way the drop down list needs to allow the name to be modified. For example instead of an IP address appearing in the list (lets say 192.168.1.1) it should be editable so I could enter "Pirate Post" pointing to 192.168.1.1. I have a whole list of IPs in mine and I forget who's who sometimes.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:23 AM

Default Re: Believe it or not...Its too hard

I agree whole heatedly with this post. However, we have an email that we send to new clients that has our details and the link to the latest client and this seems to work well. I do wish that the IP addresses could be named however.
regards
Simon L.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:20 PM

Hello Simon, Would you mind sharing your template for your email to new clients .. It would be very helpful in dealing with this problem. I too am having the same issues. Thanks in advance
Old 05-16-2006, 08:12 PM
Avid

There's actually several good suggestions here. I have often thought it would be good to have an automatic notification template for new accounts. I also like the idea of pre-populating the login info and updating the Favorites list. Naming favorites is also a common request. I'll definitely add these to the Wish List.

Whenever I create a new account, I send them a small test delivery with the following text pasted into the message field:

Dear ___,

At the request of ___, I have created a account for you on our DigiDelivery system. First, download the client from http://www.digidesign.com/digidelivery/clients, then download the test file by clicking the link below. To send a delivery, just drag the desired files onto the client and log in:
Hostname: <your server name>
Username: First initial+Last Name (i.e. bmurray)
Password: password
To change your password, go to http://<your server name>

You can send as many deliveries as you like. Recipients do not need accounts, only senders. If you would like someone to send a delivery to you, send me their name and email address and I will create an account for them. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks, Gordon