How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Aspera DigiDelivery

Old 10-14-2009, 12:06 PM

Default A couple of Digidelivery questions

Hi,

I'm new to Digidelivery so would be grateful of help on a few of things:

1. Sending a 2GB Protools session to my ServLT across my Gbit network takes around 25 minutes, where as retrieving a similar sized file from it only takes a minute or so. Does compression take place on sending a job to the Digidelivery server, or is the long additional time over a standard network transfer due to something else? Seems the network connection etc. is fine as transferring out of the ServLT is normal Gbit speed.

2. If a Protools session is sent to two recipients both with server-server relay enabled accounts on the same remote Digidelivery server, is the whole job sent twice or is the software intelligent enough to know the two recipient accounts reside on the same server and only send the job across once while sending the download link e-mail to both recipients?

3. If "Send via Digidelivery" is used from Protools 8.0.1 should the session and audio files automatically be entered in the delivery? When I tried this earlier today a blank Digidelivery came up, despite entering audio files etc. from the pop up, so the session then had to be manually scrolled to as if Digidelivery had been started manually rather than from withing Protools. I'm sure when I've used this in previous versions clicking on "Send via Digidelivery" automatically posted that job into the Digidelivery.

Thanks,

Phill.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:50 PM

Default Re: A couple of Digidelivery questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill Barrett View Post
3. If "Send via Digidelivery" is used from Protools 8.0.1 should the session and audio files automatically be entered in the delivery? When I tried this earlier today a blank Digidelivery came up, despite entering audio files etc. from the pop up, so the session then had to be manually scrolled to as if Digidelivery had been started manually rather than from withing Protools. I'm sure when I've used this in previous versions clicking on "Send via Digidelivery" automatically posted that job into the Digidelivery.
This has been buggy for some time now. I´m having this all the time even with 7.4. I´ve given up on this feature now becuase it´s not reliable. Sometime is works sometimes it doesn´t.

See here for other issues with "send via..." http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=240736

The consensus seems to be that Aspera can´t do anythng to fix it because the bug is in PT. I´m not sure if this will ever be resolved.

I also wonder if there will ever be a release of an official client where the "prioritize" functuion acually works.

Frank.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:28 AM

Thanks for the information Frank. You mention that you doubt there will ever be an official client where the prioritize works, does this imply there are unoficial clients - if so where might I find such a beast?

Cheers,

Phill.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill Barrett View Post
Thanks for the information Frank. You mention that you doubt there will ever be an official client where the prioritize works, does this imply there are unoficial clients - if so where might I find such a beast?

Cheers,

Phill.
http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=230995

It´s been over a year since they started beta-testing a new client but it seems like the project has fallen asleep a bit. Not sure.