Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Aspera DigiDelivery

Old 03-04-2009, 01:46 AM

Default "Send via DD" weird under 7.4cs5

Hi,

recently I noticed that when I send a Session from within PT with the following options:

-donīt send fades
-donīt send video
-send audio
-send timeline-files only

the received session still contain a large amount of unused regions/files. So the idea of sending timeline-files only to save traffic when sending doesnīt work. PT sends random unused media via DD.

I talked to someone at Aspera about this and the consensus was that they canīt do anything about this because the option-box and sending to the DD-client is something programmed by Digi so they canīt fix it.

I know that dragging a session file to the DD-client has been broken since 7.x but "send via DD" I was told would still work.

Well, it does but not as intended.

Maybe itīs connected to the broken "select unused" feature in general?

Digi, any word on this? If it worked it would save a lot of time and effort,

thanks,

frank.