Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2008, 11:39 AM

Default A little Whine and Cheese...

I just have to whine a little...and not about Digi...

My dual G5 crashed two days ago (boot, then it says to restart over and over), so it's at the local Mac fix-it shop. I'm picking up my "pre-ordered" PT8 today, but won't be able to install it for a few more days (when they get my Mac running again).

I have no idea how many challenge-response authorizations I'll have lost (assuming it was the boot drive failure). I do have many authorizations on my iLok, but this is still almost for sure going to be a major PITA. I'll probalby throw another GB of RAM at it while it's in the shop.

I guess the upside is that I'll probably have a clean install of 10.5.4 and PT8...

I'm feelin' the Mac withdrawal symptoms already....I guess I'll just have to practice my guitar instead of playing with all the cool new stuff in PT8....maybe I can at least install the PT8 docs on my PeeCee while I'm waiting for the Mac to come back...

Are the docs posted for download anywhere? I got the "What's New in PT8", but not the one describing the new AIR plugins or the manual.

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:54 AM

Default Re: A little Whine and Cheese...

Doc's are online same place as all the other PT versions.