Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 01-09-2012, 07:29 PM

Default Protools 10 no visible wave

Hey everyone,

I'm a producer new to Protools... Finally broke down and decided to get it. I purchased Protools 10 just a couple days ago, and am using the Steinberg Ci1 as my interface. I followed the instructions of installing the interface driver before Protools, installed protools, and have not been able to see one bit of response in the track meter, even when selecting preset templates such as "Rock Guitar" (drum track)... I assume that myself being so fresh to the program, I have missed how to enable a track to produce audio in this particular program. I've cycled through sound output options over and over again with no success... For the record, my Ci1 does play regular computer sound output currently, and I suspect that if I can at least see a response in the damn track meter, then I can finally get utility of this software...

Can any of you give me a tip? I have uninstalled and reinstalled Protools already, although that likely didn't help jack sh**.. I hope it's a merely simple trick to pull.

Thanks