Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2010, 07:49 PM

Default Problems with Vocal and Key studio

Yesterday, I purchased Avid Vocal Studio and Avid Key Studio. Both come with Avid Pro Tools SE 8.0.3

I've done my best to check through instructions, video guides, FAQs etc but I've been unable to resolve these two problems.

I have an i3 iMac, 3.2 G Intel process, 4G 1333 DDR3 RAM, 1Tb HDD, ATI Radeon HD 5670, OSX 10.6.5 plus a HP w2448hc secondary monitor. I've tested both of these problems with the secondary monitor attached and disconnected.

First problem

I installed Pro Tools SE and then Vocal Studio. I am able to record an audio file but I cannot get it to play back. The files exists and is quite playable in iTunes. I am at a loss to understand why it will not play-back. There is simply no sound at all.

Second problem
After installing Vocal Studio and testing the mic, I cannot work-out how to install the keyboard. The software with both products in the same and if I try to install the keyboard it simply tries to overwrite the current installation. How do I install a second device?

Thankyou in advance for your assistance.

Regards
Peter