Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2003, 06:34 PM

Default The Official O/T Thread part 1

OK guys. This is what we needed! We keep talking and yakking all over all these legitimate threads when there is work to be done. We can come here to relax and unwind when there's not work.
Have at it folks! Its official now!

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Old 01-10-2003, 06:36 PM

Default Re: The Official O/T Thread part 1

OT OT OT OT..... hmmm..

I have work in 3.5 hours. A small check worth 80 hours of my life that I need to cash. Wheat thins needing purchase. A song created from a new idea is coming. what else is there.. oh well.
Old 01-10-2003, 06:39 PM

oh crap - my pizza just got here.
you guys are on your own. I'll be back! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Old 01-10-2003, 07:00 PM

We're watching 'We Were Soldiers' with Mel Gibson, and though I was warned, so far it's the sappiest movie I've seen in a loooong time. I mean, the violins have played one long chord for the whole first hour, and they haven't even left the base yet... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Maybe it'll get better...gonna go see now...(I know you guys find this interesting...keehehe )
Old 01-10-2003, 07:04 PM

personally, I like "Windtalkers" better.
Old 01-10-2003, 08:21 PM

Well, it got better... yeah, Ben, I heard 'Windtalkers' was a much better movie than it did at the box office. I think the public(and often critics) make a fairly quick decision about a movie, based on it's basic concept, or even it's trailer. But you and I, we're deep... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2003, 10:58 PM

i started a no topic thread, but it seems to have gone to hell.

i think im gonna write my blues song now, but i suck at slide guitar so maybe i wont.....we'll see.

first i should finish "taken for granted" right ben?.....kinda funny that your remixing a song that doesnt even exist [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ....technically if i dont do something, its your song.

did anybody see "ballistic:ecks vs sever"??? it bombed in the theatures but i thought it was intresting.....the scene where the guy falls from the roof and hits the car w/o changeing scenes kick all forms of ass....i recomend it to anyone who like action and explotions [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2003, 01:28 AM

where am i
Old 01-11-2003, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stone Knife:
The reviewer that called the Gibson move, "We Were Bores" saved me at least $4!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I agree, Dave... he did save you some $$. Except for the battle scenes, I would have been asleep at the theatre.

"Roy, did you like the Lord of the Rings movie? Just curious."-graveleye

Hi graveleye,
No, I haven't had a chance yet. I've only read 'The Hobbit' out of the series of books, but I loved it. I'm gonna get a fire going and check it out pretty soon though. Did you like it?
Old 01-11-2003, 01:19 PM

i liked it a lot. The beginning is really slow, so just sit tight - it gets better.
One nice thing about the movie is that you really dont have to have read the books to understand what is happening. Even the beautiful Shannon (Mrs Graveleye) loved it and I honestly didnt expect her to like it. She had never read the books and had no idea what to expect.
sigh - I have a fireplace and there is a big ole set of Gretch drums sitting in front of it.
I told my drummer Ron, if there is an ice-storm and my poer goes out, those drums are going in the garage!!! Gotta have that heat.
A fire would be nice right now though....